Author Topic: Help palleting an Arcade game- Anyone?  (Read 6827 times)

Offline Baiter

• Kingpin
Re: Help palleting an Arcade game- Anyone?
« Reply #15 on: September 06, 2012, 04:55:04 PM »
I've not palleted a game before, but I'd be glad to help, obviously it's not a 1 person job.  Sounds like you have some good suggestions here to follow.... wrap, wrap, and wrap some more!  Do you have a pallet?

Offline klassic

• Kingpin
« Reply #16 on: September 06, 2012, 09:36:46 PM »
If you could get it to Fort Myers my guys could crate it for you. We ship heavy stuff worldwide.

+1 on that offer. he ships 1000 pound goofy sized medical equipment. it's probably nothing to dave.

Offline mECHsLAVE

• Administrator
  • Kingpin
« Reply #17 on: September 07, 2012, 04:35:13 PM »
I've not palleted a game before, but I'd be glad to help, obviously it's not a 1 person job.  Sounds like you have some good suggestions here to follow.... wrap, wrap, and wrap some more!  Do you have a pallet?

I did what you see in that pic all by my lonesome. 

Just play some tunes on the stereo, make some iced tea and go to work!  It'll take a couple hrs to do it right.  It's actually fairly easy, just totally time consuming!    Shrinkwrap, old blankets, packing tape, cardboard, pallet and straps.   I've shipped dozens of arcade games and never had an issue, other than a broken glass on a Lil Pro golf game, which was covered by FA insurance.   I do them all basically this way, other than the addition of the blanket sandwich and extra corner boarding because of the odd angular head shape. 

-Jason

Saint Augustine, FL

Offline Naf

• Quicksilver
« Reply #18 on: September 10, 2012, 04:04:52 PM »
Mine came from Vegas around 5 years ago. All he did was shrink wrap and blanket and then shrink wrapped again. No pallet...If pallleted then the mover can do major damage if he uses side arms for lift. Last time I had a game palleted was a og tron 8 years ago and was crushed on the side from idiot handling it with pitch forks.

Offline klassic

• Kingpin
« Reply #19 on: September 25, 2012, 09:53:42 PM »
how did this end up?  :)

Khabbi

« Reply #20 on: September 26, 2012, 08:49:40 AM »
I still need help... Dave, I may be hitting you up!  The buyer has been very patient, but I need this packed before I lose out on a big sale..

Offline doghouse

• Kingpin
  • Have You Had Your Shot Of Pinball Today?
    • The Pinball Asylum
« Reply #21 on: September 26, 2012, 08:14:28 PM »
Bring 'er on over. We can palletize or crate for you. Just reimburse materials. PM me your schedule.
When in Fort Myers, visit THE PINBALL ASYLUM!

Khabbi

« Reply #22 on: September 27, 2012, 08:37:07 AM »
Bring 'er on over. We can palletize or crate for you. Just reimburse materials. PM me your schedule.

Thanks!!  I'll be in contact with ya!! 

Offline John I

• Administrator
  • Kingpin
« Reply #23 on: October 14, 2012, 11:22:28 AM »
I happened by the Asylum yesterday and noticed this awesome looking crate with shock absorbing legs.   Talk about a great job!  That game is as secure as can be.  Now it is all up to the shipping company.

Wanted to buy: 
Gottlieb Dodge City

Offline Baiter

• Kingpin
« Reply #24 on: October 14, 2012, 08:35:15 PM »
Now that's professional shipping!

Offline klassic

• Kingpin
« Reply #25 on: October 15, 2012, 08:49:13 AM »
wow. i'll take that ride over airplane seats and the lines and the crap security and whatnot. nice crate. :)

Khabbi

« Reply #26 on: October 15, 2012, 09:14:14 AM »
Very sweet, thanks David!  This is how I would want my super rare grail delivered to me, no better way to help preserve a part of arcade history.