Author Topic: FPF FFL  (Read 3879 times)

Offline mECHsLAVE

• Administrator
  • Kingpin
FPF FFL
« on: August 14, 2012, 10:40:44 PM »
Just a gauge of interest and entry fee.

Who's in?  And does $100 entry fee sound ok?  ($50 to pool/ $50 to pinball charity of choice)   

I'd like to have a 10-12 team league on NFL.com.   

I'm in :)  The greatest time of the year is near...
-Jason

Saint Augustine, FL

Offline Baiter

• Kingpin
Re: FPF FFL
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2012, 11:13:21 PM »
I'm in if we can get enough people, money sounds fine.

Offline RUReady2Rock

• Flipper Cowboy
« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2012, 08:08:06 AM »
Count me in Jason.

Offline John I

• Administrator
  • Kingpin
Re: Re: FPF FFL
« Reply #3 on: August 15, 2012, 10:19:51 AM »
I'd be in.

John

Sent with Tapatalk
Wanted to buy: 
Gottlieb Dodge City

Offline mECHsLAVE

• Administrator
  • Kingpin
« Reply #4 on: August 15, 2012, 03:53:16 PM »
Ok, I went ahead and started the Florida Pinball FFL on NFL.com, and I started with the standard settings with 10 teams, standard scoring, live draft on Monday Aug 27th 8pm.

I'd like to get everyone's input on $2 add/drops?   Just to add to the pool and also to keep tansaction amounts fair and balanced.

PM me for League ID and PW.   We have 4 now, need 6 more.   If we have 8 more then I'll change it to a 12 team league.

Ron, Jon, Dan?    And anyone else who wants to play, pm me!   :)

-Jason

Saint Augustine, FL

Offline mECHsLAVE

• Administrator
  • Kingpin
« Reply #5 on: August 16, 2012, 08:36:53 AM »
So you want to click "Received an Invite" on the main Fantasy Home page (below the big three yellow buttons) and then put in the id/pw that I send you in pm.   If you haven't already made a free NFL.com account then you'll need to do that first.   

-Jason

Saint Augustine, FL

Offline Ron Donohue

• Demolition Man
« Reply #6 on: August 16, 2012, 09:21:50 AM »
I would play.

Offline mECHsLAVE

• Administrator
  • Kingpin
« Reply #7 on: August 16, 2012, 09:51:45 AM »
Great!  I sent you info in pm Ron!   Dan is going to play this year too.   So it looks like we just need about four more people interested...

The next order of business will be making sure the draft time works for everyone.  I picked a Monday night at 8pm since football fans will need to get that time slot free soon anyway  ;)   If this time absolutely can't work for someone just let me know.

Draft Type:
Live Aug 27, 2012 8:00pm EDT
-Jason

Saint Augustine, FL

Offline RUReady2Rock

• Flipper Cowboy
« Reply #8 on: August 16, 2012, 11:23:50 AM »
The draft date and time are good for me.  I like the idea of a $2 fee for add/drops.  It might make someone think a little harder about his choices.

Offline mECHsLAVE

• Administrator
  • Kingpin
« Reply #9 on: August 21, 2012, 09:37:12 AM »
OK, we really need everyone to actually sign up on NFL.com if we want to do this.    I can't signup for you, and it's difficult to determine how many more people we need until we are signed up.   

The draft is scheduled for Monday, so please take 2 minutes and sign up on NFL.com so we don't have a last minute scramble. :)
-Jason

Saint Augustine, FL

Offline Ron Donohue

• Demolition Man
« Reply #10 on: August 21, 2012, 10:58:36 AM »
I just registered, and I was the fourth person to do so.

Offline mECHsLAVE

• Administrator
  • Kingpin
« Reply #11 on: August 21, 2012, 02:10:59 PM »
Thanks Ron!  Yeah I heard the Village has now decided to do a league as well.  So maybe that's why some people aren't signing up. Dunno?

Oh well nothing I can do but ask people to participate for a great cause and of course bc it's a ton of fun.  If youve never played before its literally point-click drag-drop simple, so long as you understand football.  The draft will take a bit of time that evening, but after that it's literally 5 mins w your coffee and computer on sunday mornings, literally that easy. 

The Ancient City league I run is full w waiting now. If the Florida Pinball FFL doesn't have 8 by Saturday I'll simply shut it down.
-Jason

Saint Augustine, FL

Offline Baiter

• Kingpin
« Reply #12 on: August 21, 2012, 03:23:25 PM »
We have 6 so far?

Me, Jason, John, Ron, Dan, Steve

10 is the best number IMO, but I've done 8-man leagues before.  Everyone has a great roster and there are decent guys on wavers, but it's still challenging.  With 12 -14 you start playing 2nd and 3rd team players and for many teams it simply boils down to one or two early season waiver moves (or misses) that makes or breaks a season.

Offline mECHsLAVE

• Administrator
  • Kingpin
« Reply #13 on: August 21, 2012, 03:56:46 PM »
Dan Mole backed out today.  So that leaves John I and Jon Nafster who may sign up.   If so, we'd need at least 2 more.  We'll see what the rest of the week brings...
-Jason

Saint Augustine, FL

Offline mECHsLAVE

• Administrator
  • Kingpin
« Reply #14 on: August 27, 2012, 11:23:48 AM »
I bumped the draft back to Wed, rather than giveup yet!   I think Naf will join if we can get at least two more volunteers...
-Jason

Saint Augustine, FL

anything