Author Topic: The Fantasy season begins...  (Read 8204 times)

Offline mECHsLAVE

• Administrator
  • Kingpin
The Fantasy season begins...
« on: September 06, 2012, 03:27:35 PM »
How did everyone's drafts go?

I didn't get a few of the guys I was after, but thought I had a fairly solid draft for a 10 team league.

My starters:
Luck, Rice, Bush, Marshall, V Jackson, Graham, Blackmon, Crosby, and Ravens D.   

Bench: Schaub, Mcgahee, Benson, Bess, Carpenter and Fins D.

I'll have starters from all three FL teams this week!   Very much looking forward to counting some points from Tampa on Sunday!  :)

Good luck to all the guys in leagues this year!   Looking forward to an awesome season.  More of a rebuilding year for the Fins, it seems, but we'll see...
-Jason

Saint Augustine, FL

Offline Ron Donohue

• Demolition Man
Re: The Fantasy season begins...
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2012, 08:33:03 PM »
12 player PPR league with team quarterback rather than individual, picked up some of my target, only time will tell if I made good choices

Starters  (Team QB, 2RB, 2WR, 1TE, 1 Flex, Kicker, Team D/ST)
Houston Texans QB (Schaub)  LeSean McCoy, Kevin Smith,  Vincent Jackson, Marques Colston Dwayne Bowe, Rob Gronkowski, Rob Bironas, Steelers D.

Backups

RBs.  LaGarratte Blount, Toby Gearhart, Isaiah Pead, Roy Helu
WRs  Davone Bess, Michael Crabtree

I pick up kicker, Team D and available QB based on bye week matchups.

Ron

Offline Baiter

• Kingpin
« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2012, 12:23:41 AM »
I had 2 drafts.. what does it mean when you drool over your opponent's rosters?  ;)

10-team league I have
QB: Brady, Rivers
RB: Matthews. Sproles, Michael Bush, Ronnie Brown, Jonathan Stewart
WR: Fitzgerald, Cruz, Bowe, Crabtree, Holmes
TE: Hernandez, Celek
D: Ravens

12-team league with IDP!  (first time I tried IDP)
QB: Ryan, Freeman
RB: McFadden, Rice, Pierre Thomas, CJ Spiller
WR: Marshall, Bowe, Wayne, Royal, M. Williams
TE: Gates, Celek

Offline mECHsLAVE

• Administrator
  • Kingpin
« Reply #3 on: September 07, 2012, 04:53:22 PM »
I had 2 drafts.. what does it mean when you drool over your opponent's rosters?  ;)

10-team league I have
QB: Brady, Rivers
RB: Matthews. Sproles, Michael Bush, Ronnie Brown, Jonathan Stewart
WR: Fitzgerald, Cruz, Bowe, Crabtree, Holmes
TE: Hernandez, Celek
D: Ravens

12-team league with IDP!  (first time I tried IDP)
QB: Ryan, Freeman
RB: McFadden, Rice, Pierre Thomas, CJ Spiller
WR: Marshall, Bowe, Wayne, Royal, M. Williams
TE: Gates, Celek

Who's your IDP then?   I've never played any of these variations on the standard fantasy format, but I like the IDP maybe better than the team D.

Good teams, possibly some inconsistency from your RBs in the 10 team league but great WRs.     Your 12 team league team looks solid!
-Jason

Saint Augustine, FL

Offline mECHsLAVE

• Administrator
  • Kingpin
« Reply #4 on: September 07, 2012, 05:00:03 PM »
12 player PPR league with team quarterback rather than individual, picked up some of my target, only time will tell if I made good choices

Starters  (Team QB, 2RB, 2WR, 1TE, 1 Flex, Kicker, Team D/ST)
Houston Texans QB (Schaub)  LeSean McCoy, Kevin Smith,  Vincent Jackson, Marques Colston Dwayne Bowe, Rob Gronkowski, Rob Bironas, Steelers D.

Backups

RBs.  LaGarratte Blount, Toby Gearhart, Isaiah Pead, Roy Helu
WRs  Davone Bess, Michael Crabtree

I pick up kicker, Team D and available QB based on bye week matchups.

Ron

Never played in the PPR rules, but I like your team.  McCoy was one of my RB's last year and he was invaluably solid.  I almost picked him over Rice this year, but I think the Ravens are a better overall team than the Eagles and Rice is a little better receiver.  Let's hope Jackson can get back to his big numbers with a new team.   Good overall team there Ron!
-Jason

Saint Augustine, FL

Offline John I

• Administrator
  • Kingpin
« Reply #5 on: September 07, 2012, 08:06:31 PM »
Good luck guys.  After 16 or so years playing fantasy football, I gave it up a couple of years ago.  I have played fantasy basketball the last couple of years though.  To tell you the truth football is better; I'm sure that doesn't come as a surprise though!

Interesting that you have Luck on your team Jason.  I really look forward to watching him play.  I think he could end up being a great traditional QB like Montana or Elway. 
Wanted to buy: 
Gottlieb Dodge City

Offline Baiter

• Kingpin
« Reply #6 on: September 07, 2012, 08:54:14 PM »
Who's your IDP then?   I've never played any of these variations on the standard fantasy format, but I like the IDP maybe better than the team D.

Good teams, possibly some inconsistency from your RBs in the 10 team league but great WRs.     Your 12 team league team looks solid!

Yea I have RB issues with the 10 team league, and QB issues with the 12-Team league.  QB's are a dime a dozen, RB's  are not.

The 12-team league is a keeper league (which I forgot about until too late) and IDPs score about half as much as offensive players.  The starting lineup looks like this:

Offense: 1 QB, 1 RB, 1 WR, 1 TE, 2 Flex, Kicker
Defense: 1 LB, 1 DE, 1 DB, 1 Flex

11 starters and 11 bench.  It's a little different, putting an emphasis on matchups each week, and I think his goal is to have 20 point games, so scoring is very low, but there are PPR.  For example 0.83 points per TD pass, and .2 points per reception :)

Here are my IDPs
LB: Ray Lewis, Colin McCarthy (TEN), Clay Matthews
DE: Jared Allen, Charles Johnson
DB: Eric Barry, George Wilson

Offline mECHsLAVE

• Administrator
  • Kingpin
« Reply #7 on: September 08, 2012, 10:49:15 AM »
Good luck guys.  After 16 or so years playing fantasy football, I gave it up a couple of years ago.  I have played fantasy basketball the last couple of years though.  To tell you the truth football is better; I'm sure that doesn't come as a surprise though!

Interesting that you have Luck on your team Jason.  I really look forward to watching him play.  I think he could end up being a great traditional QB like Montana or Elway.  

Yeah, through most of last season I was hoping the Fins would land Luck.  He's been calling his own plays in college and ran the offense like a pro.  He's a great runner and really strong too...I'm sure we've all seen the clips they kept replaying leading up to draft: look left, look right, perfect 30 yard Td pass down the middle (something young QBs struggle with...Gabbert stares down his target the whole way, crippling his completion potential).  Not to mention that run where Luck runs 20 yrds, flattens a db like he wasn't there and then just keeps going another 20 yrds lol. I got him in the later rounds as I hoped I would.

Incidentally, did you see the pic that Ed posted the night after the draft? Lol! Just pure chance that he was flying first class next to Luck. He took a pic of himself and Luck, and Luck looked as though the only thing he wanted in the world was to sleep and be left alone (can you imagine Luck's previous 72 hours? lol).  You can tell he has his hoodie up and is ready to pass out, but managed a tired smile.  He just seems like a great kid.  I'm hoping he has a great year even beyond fantasy reasons.  The fact that the Colts made a move late in camp to give up picks for Vontae leads me to believe they think they can make the playoffs this year w Luck.

Just another storyline to watch in what looks to be an amazing NFL season...
-Jason

Saint Augustine, FL

Offline mECHsLAVE

• Administrator
  • Kingpin
« Reply #8 on: September 11, 2012, 08:58:23 AM »
Wow what an opening night of MNF!

I was trailing my friend Holland by 35 points going into the games last night, with only Rice and Ravens D to checkin.  Holland had a 35 pt lead and only the Raiders' Moore to checkin in the late game.   I text him before the game "If I get a Pick 6 it might be close, otherwise good game!"    

I got the Pick 6 along with sacks and fumbles, an expected great performance from Rice, AND during the first half they announced Moore would be IA for the late game.  :)   Sometimes it's just your week.   I won by 4 pts....whew!    

Bring on week 2!   It can't get any worse for the Fins!  On facebook, every other post is asking for Ireland's head on a stick LOL!  Home opener against the Raiders should be interesting.   We will be grilling wings and playing pinball (during halftime) and having some of my fantasy leaguers over for the afternoon, if any of you football fans want to come by feel free!

-Jason

Saint Augustine, FL

Offline Pinfever

• Flipper Cowboy
« Reply #9 on: September 11, 2012, 10:26:08 AM »
Nice Going J < Sounds like a great start to your year . I am 1-0 in both leagues i care about . and doing good in the 2 Pick em leagues as well.. i love fantasy and been in the Fantasy realm since the 90's CBS has my record since 2000.   Anyway good luck on your FFL's  .    ..
Wow what an opening night of MNF!

I was trailing my friend Holland by 35 points going into the games last night, with only Rice and Ravens D to checkin.  Holland had a 35 pt lead and only the Raiders' Moore to checkin in the late game.   I text him before the game "If I get a Pick 6 it might be close, otherwise good game!"    

I got the Pick 6 along with sacks and fumbles, an expected great performance from Rice, AND during the first half they announced Moore would be IA for the late game.  :)   Sometimes it's just your week.   I won by 4 pts....whew!    

Bring on week 2!   It can't get any worse for the Fins!  On facebook, every other post is asking for Ireland's head on a stick LOL!  Home opener against the Raiders should be interesting.   We will be grilling wings and playing pinball (during halftime) and having some of my fantasy leaguers over for the afternoon, if any of you football fans want to come by feel free!

Offline Baiter

• Kingpin
« Reply #10 on: September 11, 2012, 05:47:46 PM »
I won both my leagues this week... so it's a good start.  One league I didn't have a super high score but matchup was favorable, and that's where I had Michael Bush and CJ Spiller riding the bench with their combined 200+ yards and 3TDs.  My IDP league I had the second highest points, so that was nice.

Any obvious free agents that need to be picked up this week?

Offline mECHsLAVE

• Administrator
  • Kingpin
« Reply #11 on: September 12, 2012, 06:26:47 PM »
I won both my leagues this week... so it's a good start.  One league I didn't have a super high score but matchup was favorable, and that's where I had Michael Bush and CJ Spiller riding the bench with their combined 200+ yards and 3TDs.  My IDP league I had the second highest points, so that was nice.

Any obvious free agents that need to be picked up this week?

Not really.   Your CJ Spiller is a FA in our league.   James Jones could be a solid flex option too, and he's also a FA.    Thought about both of them but I'm going to stick w my team for now, even though a few underperformed.     The big thing I noticed is the crazy TE points in week 1.   The guys who picked Gronk early may have jumped the gun.    There are 6 FA TEs in our league who scored >10 pts in week 1.  Crazy. 

I'm up against a strong team with Rodgers and Murray this week.   I'll probably sub in Schaub until Luck shows he has the INTs under control.   And I'm going to sub in Mcgahee for Blackmon.  Blackmon didn't get many targets last Sunday and the Broncos offense looks like it's going to be in a shootout this week.
-Jason

Saint Augustine, FL

Offline Baiter

• Kingpin
Re: Re: The Fantasy season begins...
« Reply #12 on: September 12, 2012, 08:39:16 PM »
I picked Spiller because Fred Jackson is fragile... And is now out for a few weeks making Spiller a rare single back starter for a bit. Unfortunately I could not find anyone on waivers worth picking up this week.

Offline mECHsLAVE

• Administrator
  • Kingpin
« Reply #13 on: September 13, 2012, 07:29:49 PM »
Expecting a great game tonight!!!   I've got Marshall and Crosby checking in tonight.  My opponent has Rodgers and Finley. Go Bears!!!  ;)
-Jason

Saint Augustine, FL

Offline John I

• Administrator
  • Kingpin
« Reply #14 on: September 13, 2012, 10:16:33 PM »
Wow.  Not the high scoring game I was expecting tonight so far.  It's so good to have FOOTBALL back.

Wanted to buy: 
Gottlieb Dodge City

anything