Author Topic: The Fantasy season begins...  (Read 8202 times)

Offline mECHsLAVE

• Administrator
  • Kingpin
Re: The Fantasy season begins...
« Reply #15 on: September 14, 2012, 09:23:25 AM »
Wow.  Not the high scoring game I was expecting tonight so far.  It's so good to have FOOTBALL back.

Yeah cool game.   Boy did the refs let em play!   There were at least two roughing nocalls against Cutler that would've been instacalls for Brady (the one where Cutler kicked Woodson would've been called for Brady, no doubt).   Hijinks out of bounds by both teams, no calls.   A couple helmet to helmets, etc.   I don't think there was one unsportsmanlike or personal foul call was there?    I'm not sure if it was the replacement refs or what, but it was refreshing to just see them left alone to play!  And no complaints from either team.   It was just a good, physical football game.   Matthews was a beast....the guy is built like a fast linebacker and he just went through that O line like a knife through butter.   Felt almost sorry for Cutler after awhile.   

As for fantasy, my Crosby outscored my opponents' Rodgers and Finley combined!   The bad news is Marshall was a no show.   He had a couple chances though, dropping a 9-10 fantasy point play in the end zone.   Gonna be a fun Sunday and a shootout on MNF!
-Jason

Saint Augustine, FL

Offline mECHsLAVE

• Administrator
  • Kingpin
« Reply #16 on: September 17, 2012, 10:48:05 AM »
Great day of football yesterday!!   I've all but won in Fantasy this week thanks mainly to Bush's breakout day.   I wonder how well he will hold up this season if he has to work that hard for a Fins win, but he was awesome yesterday.   

Tannehill looked like a serious QB...it takes a real rifle to hit those sidelines throws he was making all day to Hartline and co, if he becomes a little more aware in the pocket and keeps his eyes downfield then the Fins can possibly contend.   He still needs to work on not getting those throws tipped at the line, there was a 3rd down post-go to Hartline that was tipped at the line or it would've hit Hartline all by himself in the end zone because all 3 defenders went for Bess.   It was really nice to see the Fins in a system that can work, playing well and executing.  Tied for first in the AFC East after week 2!  ;)

Bucs and Jags weren't as lucky.  Felt bad for the Jags, being a home opener and not blacked out, as they really needed a strong performance.      The Bucs had that game in the bag, but their D just couldn't stop the big play receivers when they needed to.  Incidentally, I think the Bucs were robbed on that next to last play of the game where Williams caught the pass and it was overruled in the booth.  It was borderline, but the call on the field was a catch and it certainly looked like he caught it, secured it, took a step and fumbled it out of bounds.  Not indisputable evidence to overturn when it was called a catch on the field, sorry.  Poor overturn that basically ended their last chance.  Great game though, and the Bucs are for real this year to go into the Meadowlands and play the Champs to near upset!

-Jason

Saint Augustine, FL

Offline Baiter

• Kingpin
« Reply #17 on: September 18, 2012, 06:23:54 PM »
I rolled the dice on Antonio Gates this week and lost as my backup, Celek, had a career day 8-157 in a PPR league!  In my other league Hernandez was my TE, and wound up with another zero.  My top receiver in each league stunk it up too (Marshall and Fitzgerald).  Fortunately CJ Spiller and the other WRs made made up for it and I'm 2-0 in both leagues.  I won't be able to count on that happening very often, so I'll just count myself lucky.

Offline Pinfever

• Flipper Cowboy
« Reply #18 on: September 18, 2012, 06:34:08 PM »
Lucky is Your Middle name Brother.. Hope all is well.. 2-0 is awesome.     Your TE from NE is Out and will be for a few weeks  .

Offline mECHsLAVE

• Administrator
  • Kingpin
« Reply #19 on: September 25, 2012, 06:15:19 PM »
 :)

-Jason

Saint Augustine, FL

Offline Baiter

• Kingpin
Re: Re: The Fantasy season begins...
« Reply #20 on: September 25, 2012, 08:40:35 PM »
Haha... What a fiasco the end of that game turned out to be... 3 or 4 major mistakes by the refs who handed the game to the seahawks... Could cost gb the playoffs if things get tight at the end of the season.

Offline John I

• Administrator
  • Kingpin
« Reply #21 on: September 25, 2012, 10:06:22 PM »
LOL!

I feel bad for these replacement refs.  The moron Mike Bianchi on the Orlando sports talk radio this morning was calling them buffoons and clowns.  These guys are basically High School refs thrust onto the highest stage under a microscope.  Of course they are going to fail.  It is a lose-lose situation for them.  I only hope this madness comes to an end soon.
Wanted to buy: 
Gottlieb Dodge City

Offline Pinfever

• Flipper Cowboy
« Reply #22 on: September 27, 2012, 07:12:36 PM »
it did, Welcome back the old  Dumb dumbs ..lol   was hoping for  good calls for the  Dolphins to win last second games. Now we have no hope

Offline mECHsLAVE

• Administrator
  • Kingpin
« Reply #23 on: October 01, 2012, 08:05:43 PM »
Had to brag on week 4.   I'm sitting there on Sunday watching the pre-game reports and Reggie is going to play, but with a sore knee.  Mcgahee is going to play, but with sore ribbs.  Amendola is going against the Seahawks with a hot defense.   And then there's Hartline who was nearly shut out last week, but targeted consistently in every game so far by Tannehill and already with a 100 yd receiving game in week 2.   So I figured without Cromartie and the replacements he might be worth a start finally.  So I started Hartline for the first time this season and he breaks franchise records and dominates all fantasy wrs this week!   Now he's the number one waiver wire pickup.  Fabiano's telling you about him now, I wonder how many people legitimately started Hartline this past week!

Me vs. Eric (prefontaine)...  it's nice not to need your number 1 wideout.  ;)   /brag end

-Jason

Saint Augustine, FL

Offline RUReady2Rock

• Flipper Cowboy
« Reply #24 on: October 02, 2012, 11:48:41 AM »
I made a bonehead move in one of my leagues.  I benched Brady and started RGIII which cost me the game.  This week in a different league I have to decide whether to start Vick or Roethliesbergererer.  Their teams play each other in Pittsburgh.

Offline mECHsLAVE

• Administrator
  • Kingpin
« Reply #25 on: October 02, 2012, 08:35:33 PM »
I made a bonehead move in one of my leagues.  I benched Brady and started RGIII which cost me the game.  This week in a different league I have to decide whether to start Vick or Roethliesbergererer.  Their teams play each other in Pittsburgh.

I'd take Ben at home.  Vick will have to deal with a very physical D in their own house, and the blitzes will be a coming with a deafening crowd.   McCoy is really looking good right now, and if he can get rolling then Vick could put up some numbers with the way Mccoy has been spreading the defenses out.   Ben is the more solid start, though. 
-Jason

Saint Augustine, FL

Offline Ron Donohue

• Demolition Man
« Reply #26 on: October 03, 2012, 08:27:51 AM »
I would also start Ben.  Vick could get you a huge game, but he can also be a bust.  Ben is steady, and tends to put up good numbers against teams that rely on blitzing and heavy pass rush pressure as an integral part of their pass defense.  He can often get away or throw through the blitz and he has multiple receivers willing to go across the middle to rack up yards.  Also, Steelers seem more inclined to get to the end zone via the pass due to difficulties with running game.  Who knows if that will change with Mendenhall back.

Offline RUReady2Rock

• Flipper Cowboy
« Reply #27 on: October 03, 2012, 09:07:31 AM »

I'd take Ben at home.  Vick will have to deal with a very physical D in their own house, and the blitzes will be a coming with a deafening crowd.   McCoy is really looking good right now, and if he can get rolling then Vick could put up some numbers with the way Mccoy has been spreading the defenses out.   Ben is the more solid start, though. 
I would also start Ben.  Vick could get you a huge game, but he can also be a bust.  Ben is steady, and tends to put up good numbers against teams that rely on blitzing and heavy pass rush pressure as an integral part of their pass defense.  He can often get away or throw through the blitz and he has multiple receivers willing to go across the middle to rack up yards.  Also, Steelers seem more inclined to get to the end zone via the pass due to difficulties with running game.  Who knows if that will change with Mendenhall back.

Thanks for the advice.  I'll probably start Ben.

Offline mECHsLAVE

• Administrator
  • Kingpin
« Reply #28 on: October 05, 2012, 04:39:07 PM »
Anyone else see Hartline jump from 2% owned to 67% owned in few days?  LOL  Gotta love it...

Fins fans already knew what Hartline was capable of.   We've had to sit through the last couple years of jaw-clenching replays of Hartline leaving dbs in their tracks, and getting 5-10 yards open, only to be underthrown (usually), overthrown (rarely), or just plain overlooked altogether.

There's a new arm in town.   The kid can flat out throw.   Those sideline throws are bullets, and the downfield throws are gorgeous arcs getting there quickly but with enough loft to be catchable.   His sideline throws seem to be stronger than the over the mid-range crossing patterns where Bess and Fasano have both been challenged to catch a ball thrown behind them or too low, etc.  But it's official.  Miami has a QB with an arm.   The fact that he's obviously simpatico with his OC, and has the confidence of his teammates, is exciting.   If he can get blocks on free running LBs on passing downs from his backs (Daniel Thomas basically caused that final INT by totally missing a block), then the Fins are definitely (and finally) going to be for real.  Tannehill is definitely for real.

Now if we can stop letting those WRs get behind the D and make big plays on 3rd down...    I still think the Fins are a year away from contention, but we are going to spoil a few dreams this year.   The two OT losses hurt, but the team's play beyond the kicker has been to the level where we should lead the division at 3-1.   Very encouraging!

I actually didn't want to start both Bush and Hartline this week, but I snoozed and didn't realize I had to until I looked last night and Amendola was already playing!  Ugh.  He only scored 4.4 anyway, and broke his collarbone, so I guess it didn't matter.    Here's to hoping for a big offensive Sunday in Cincy for the Fins!

Good luck this week to everyone!   My lineup is set:  Schaub, Rice, Mcgahee, Hartline, Marshall, Graham, Crosby, Bush and Ravens D!

-Jason

Saint Augustine, FL

Offline Baiter

• Kingpin
« Reply #29 on: November 01, 2012, 06:31:07 PM »
Interesting year so far.  I'm 4-4 in the league I thought the draft went well, and 7-1 in the draft I thought I did worse.  The 7-1 league I heavily weighted RBs in the draft (because I got hosed on RBs in my first draft), then realized afterwards the scoring system heavily weights WR's, awarding them PPR, but no equivalent for RBs.  It's probably because my top 3 RBs coincidentally all catch the ball (Rice, McFadden, and Spiller).  The IDP aspect I still don't have a handle on, as all my players are top rated (drafted too early) but are not producing very well.  I got lucky with Matt Ryan at QB, and Marshall, Wayne, and Bowe give some consistent receiver productivity.

As to my disappointments, San Diego has caused the values of Gates and Rivers to drop below expectations, not to mention Matthews as an annual disappointment.  Cardinals issues at QB causes Fitzgerald to be a pedestrian receiver for a top draft pick.  Vick's issues are causing Celek to be less productive than last year.  I grabbed Brian Hartline on a winger and he hasn't done anything since week 4.  I think that shows how important it is to favor players under a consistent QB.