Author Topic: The Fantasy season begins...  (Read 8203 times)

Offline mECHsLAVE

• Administrator
  • Kingpin
Re: The Fantasy season begins...
« Reply #45 on: December 12, 2012, 08:53:31 PM »
Our league has 10 teams, and the top 4 advance.   I like it that way (then again, I've made the playoffs the past 2 seasons), but next year I may extend it to 6 teams.   Only because it seems a few of the teams who fall behind early lost interest, and 6 team/3 week playoff might be more dramatic and fun.  We'll see.

My starting lineup (standard Fantasy scoring):
Luck, Rice, Bush, Marshall, V Jackson, D Alexander, Graham, Tynes and Fins D. 
Bench:
Schaub, Shorts, Wells, Zeurelin, B Brown, and Ravens D.

I'm pretty solid on my lineup, except I sort of wish I could find a spot for Brown vs Bengals on Thurs.... the kid looks almost like McCoy and when he breaks through the line, he's gone.   He does have a few fumbles, and he didn't see a lot of action last week.  But McCoy is still out, so he's the #1.  Foles is getting more comfortable and I think there will be some nice play action opportunities for Brown and the O. 

I'm going to stick with Alexander, though, as the unpredictable Rivers is at least predictable in that he looks for Alexander first and foremost, and the guy has been a beast in the 2nd half of the season.   I had to drop Hartline, who put up nice stat lines early in the season, but struggles against the best CB and double teams now that the secret got out on him as a deep threat... the Fins need another top level big down the field WR to compliment him, right now the O is too many three and outs and struggles getting the ball downfield in the air. 

Good luck everyone!!
-Jason

Saint Augustine, FL

Offline mECHsLAVE

• Administrator
  • Kingpin
« Reply #46 on: December 16, 2012, 07:34:29 PM »
Well I was a victim of the wacky day of football blowouts and head-scratchers today...

2 TDs from my entire field.. a pass from Luck, a rec by Marshall.  My lowest point output of the entire season, yes, in the first week of the playoffs.  Couldn't be more bummed...    Giants, Bucs, Ravens should be ashamed of their play today.   The calls against the Bears in the Packers game were atrocious, but the Bears should be ashamed of their play as well, esp the goaline stuff in the first half.   

Couldn't even get too excited about the Fins playing a good game, because it was against the Jags.

Maybe I'll salvage 3rd place next week...    The NFL is a great sport because of how tough it can be to predict.  Giants 52 points one week and 0 the next.  That's the NFL.  Hope everyone else's week 15 was better than mine!
-Jason

Saint Augustine, FL

Offline Baiter

• Kingpin
« Reply #47 on: December 16, 2012, 09:48:36 PM »
Rice and Wayne having bad days makes my playoff advancement tenuous. We will see at the end of Monday's game

Offline RUReady2Rock

• Flipper Cowboy
« Reply #48 on: December 17, 2012, 10:32:46 AM »
In one league I am in, I was tied going into last night's game and I still had Brady, Hernandez, and Ridley while my opponent only had Gore.  It seemed like it would be an easy win for me but I was actually losing until Brady and co. woke up and lit up the SF defense.  I will probably have to bench Ridley next week as he is certaininly in Bellicheck's doghouse after fumbling twice.  The question is do I start Bryce Brown, Dwyer or Montell Owens in his place?

Offline Baiter

• Kingpin
« Reply #49 on: December 18, 2012, 06:45:44 PM »
I lost my playoff match.  While my team output was ok, my opponent's IDPs had an unusually stellar week across the board...  First time I've seen such points from defensive players, which confirms the old adage "defense wins championships!"  ;)

anything