Author Topic: Thanks for a GREAT show!  (Read 4034 times)

Offline John I

• Administrator
  • Kingpin
Thanks for a GREAT show!
« on: November 18, 2012, 10:12:29 PM »
What and awesome time this weekend!  The show was great, the location was great, games were great, guest speakers were great and the Tournament was amazing!  So cool to see so many of the top players in the world here in our back yard.  Congrats to Jeff and Atticus for hanging in with those guys and representing Florida!  Many thanks to Leon and Donny and everyone who brought games and helped to make this happen.  Florida is truly on the pinball map to stay!

Wanted to buy: 
Gottlieb Dodge City

Offline mECHsLAVE

• Administrator
  • Kingpin
Re: Thanks for a GREAT show!
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2012, 01:04:56 PM »
Yes sounds like I missed a great show and tourney!  What were the final tourney results?
-Jason

Saint Augustine, FL

Offline Miracleman

• Kingpin
  • TOO HAPPY
« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2012, 01:05:19 PM »
Donny and Leon really stepped up to the plate and pulled off a great show as I expected them to. Every show is a learning experience and many things were improved from year one, and I know that SPF will continue to become better with each show. Donny should be EXTREMELY proud of the tourney, and as good as last year's went, this year was BIG TIME, and the turnout by all the big shots showed that. Next year the SPF tourney will be as important as every other major show. This is the thing SPF should be the most proud of. The help given Donny by all the high end players like Bowen and the others cannot be overstated, and helped it run as smooth as possible.

It's pretty amazing that in just a few short years thanks to Charlie and Marcel starting with APE, Jack and Danielle continuing with GAMEWARP, and rounding out the year with SPF that Florida has 3 great gatherings to attend.

And it will only get better!

Offline Hamster

• Flipper Cowboy
    • Coin Op Florida
« Reply #3 on: November 19, 2012, 01:23:15 PM »
Don't forget Curly's Open House !

Offline Baiter

• Kingpin
« Reply #4 on: November 19, 2012, 01:25:40 PM »
Yes it was a great show thanks to everyone's hard work, especially Leon and Donny.

This year was especially nice as I got to put a lot of faces to names.  Both Gary Stern and Jersey Jack spoke, but Jack brought his team this year, so Keith Johnson and Joe Balcer took the time to speak and take questions.  The tourney had a great showing... 69 entries, and the top was, of course, dominated by the nationally ranked players, with Jeff,  Atticus, and Sebastian mixed right in with them!  It's the first time I've had a chance to talk to Bowen, Lyman, Trent, all really nice guys in person.  Adam and Escher Lefkoff came out from Boulder, trading places with Jason ;)  9 years old Escher is an astounding player!

Tournament Qualifier Results:
http://lefkoff.com/spf

Offline Miracleman

• Kingpin
  • TOO HAPPY
« Reply #5 on: November 19, 2012, 02:17:56 PM »
Don't forget Curly's Open House !

DOH! You are right Bill, but it's not exactly open to the public to promote pinball, more kind of like a 'private pinball party' ;)  ;D :o ::) :'(

...and those are great too!

Offline 0geist0

• Kingpin
« Reply #6 on: November 19, 2012, 02:36:49 PM »
Curly's parties are great, who will ever forget the two biting girls :D
ST Pro. Getaway 2, Flight 2000, Pioneer.

Offline ibis

• Flipper Cowboy
« Reply #7 on: November 19, 2012, 11:47:05 PM »
Thanks for all the kind words!  They are received warmly and I am humbled to hear them!  It is nice to be back in my own bed and have the show behind us, but the gears will be cranking up soon enough for the 2013 campaign.  We appreciate all of the people behind the scenes especially those who bring games, cause with out them there would not be a show! The goal is to offer a weekend of pure pinball fury, and I hope we provided that for all of you!  And a huge thanks to the people helping with the show, it is because of you that things go so smoothly.  Special thanks to John for assisting with the speakers.  Thank you so very much!!!  We will be posting pictures and a link to the live spots from fox35 soon enough. Until then, I am going to stay in bed a few days and reacquaint myself with the inside of my eyelids!

Offline Miracleman

• Kingpin
  • TOO HAPPY
« Reply #8 on: November 20, 2012, 12:10:22 AM »
Well poop, I just unpacked my tools and see that I am missing a spool of solder marked MED for 'medium' thickness, and the small gold Hakko 'bowl' with the gold sponge-looking stuff to clean of the tip of your iron. I would like these back, and remember loaning them to someone for repair work, so hopefully that person still has them and they weren't left at the hotel :(

Thanks
Spencer

Offline Greywolf

• Kingpin
    • FreePlayServices
« Reply #9 on: November 20, 2012, 07:47:44 AM »
I found the tip cleaner but didn't see any solder. I also found half a bottle of alcohol if somebody wants to claim it.

Offline Miracleman

• Kingpin
  • TOO HAPPY
« Reply #10 on: November 20, 2012, 08:18:23 AM »
yay! Jeff thinks he has the solder, all is well :)

and the alcohol is prob'ly Leon's...  ::) :P

Offline Hamster

• Flipper Cowboy
    • Coin Op Florida
« Reply #11 on: November 20, 2012, 08:33:21 AM »
no it was probably owl's , he left several empties everywhere.

Offline Ron Donohue

• Demolition Man
« Reply #12 on: November 20, 2012, 10:12:41 AM »
John I. brought out a bottle of alcohol when we were trying to get the sticking reel on Jack in the Box cleaned up to get rid of the sticking.  I suspect he left it there in the tournament area.  Pretty sure he does not care much about claiming and recovering a $1 bottle of Isopropyl, but I hope the mystery is solved.

Offline John I

• Administrator
  • Kingpin
Re: Re: Thanks for a GREAT show!
« Reply #13 on: November 20, 2012, 05:04:07 PM »
Yeah that was my alcohol.  No problem keep it. 

Sent from Tapatalk 2
Wanted to buy: 
Gottlieb Dodge City

Offline Ron Donohue

• Demolition Man
« Reply #14 on: November 20, 2012, 05:54:39 PM »
If the alcohol in question was the bottle of  Patron Silver, I bet you would have wanted it back (whatever little bit of it that was left after the weekend)  ;)