Author Topic: Looking to next NFL season in FL....  (Read 1149 times)

Offline mECHsLAVE

• Administrator
  • Kingpin
Looking to next NFL season in FL....
« on: December 26, 2012, 12:55:53 PM »
The Fins were eliminated last week, because of the Steelers failure to step up in a home must-win game, surprisingly, but Philbin's new team showed enough potential that I'm excited to be a fan and excited for our potential going into the next year.   

The Jags look like they could re-ignite Tebow-mania next season, which could be a good or bad thing.   Gabbert, as I said LAST season, needs a fork stuck in him, and free up the incomprehensible money they gave to an awkward unproven rookie with no pocket presence, and Henne while a gunslinger is consistently inconsistent.   The door is open for Tebow to probably not grab the QB #1, but to grab a spot on the team as a playmaker, and motivate the best QB in camp to step up to the plate.   I'd like to see Henne, Tebow and one more QB (Alex Smith?) go into next season's camp with a healthy competition.  Bye-bye MJD and Gabbert, and hello a lot of freed up cash to build on!   The emergence of Cecil Shorts as a Wes Welker/Steve Smith type hybrid once Henne took over is promising, and there were late season glimpses of potential in Blackmon, who is a tremendous physical talent.   The Jags D started to come together better later in the season, and they were just a couple plays from taking the game from the Pats this past Sunday, still in it with the last pass from Henne.   I like the Jags as a sleeper improved team next season, especially if they get the moral boost of Tebow's fans filling the stands and making noise and creating a winning atmosphere.  Hell, I've always been a home football cookout fan with Direct Ticket, but I might even buy some tickets next season since they are my home team, just not my favorite team since I grew up without them, loving the Fins. 

As for the Fins, it's a virtual lock that Long won't be back.   He was signed before the new rookie caps were in place, so unless he just really wants to take a huge paycut to stay in Miami, he will be gone.   He'll have to take a cut anyway, simply because the league has changed since he was signed, not to mention he has slipped the last two seasons slightly, but a big smart LT is still one of the most important positions in the NFL.   He will get big money offers from somewhere, and most likely not be back.   Martin, after a few shaky plays in SF against one of the best players in the NFL, looked actually as strong as Long in the last two games, admittedly not against a top DE.    I really hope they resign Bush.   I know it's a longshot, as well, but I believe Ireland would be crazy to let him go.   The guy is a workhorse, a professional, and one of the most explosive talents solidly in his prime in the NFL.    If you saw Philbin wired on Inside the NFL you'll notice he and Bush geniunely like each other, and joke on the sidelines together.   On Hard Knocks, Philbin was also very close to Bush.   Miller and Bush would be the RB combo I'd pick, over Thomas and Miller, though for the money Thomas is a better bang-for-buck.  But Thomas sometimes misses 3rd down passing blocks, and seems to pick up injuries.    Please resign Bush!!

As for the Bucs, I don't follow them as much as the Fins or Jags, but I think they have the foundation for a great team in place, but had a late season slide where they simply didn't make plays in the 4th Q and let the games slip away.   Martin, Jackson, Williams, etc are great playmakers for the offense.   The defense is crazy solid against the run, but seems to get tired in the secondary late in games and falls apart to the no-huddle.   I think the team is solid as-is, and needs to be kept intact for a second chance together next season, hopefully learning from their mistakes and allowing the new HC to mold and make a few changes towards success.   
-Jason

Saint Augustine, FL

Offline Pinfever

• Flipper Cowboy
Re: Looking to next NFL season in FL....
« Reply #1 on: December 26, 2012, 01:20:13 PM »
Me too !! Both my  Fantasy Teams were tied in my DIV and lost out do to a tie . The teams 8-6-1 better than my 8-7 record advanced and i got nothing and had better teams in both leagues than that of the teams who made it and ultimately lost in the playoffs to teams i could have destroyed , but that is Fantasy for ya . And it was the stupid Free leagues thing not to give .1 per yard so this BS would not happen . as In the tie games for them teams who tie there was enough yards to make a few extra points  Example  59 rush yards  = 5 points   rec yard 59  = 5    that is a loss of 18 yards 1.8 more points that could have made all the difference ..   if the thing at least put the 2 together at 118 at least it could have been 11 points instead of just 10 ,,    not sure why they can't just do .1 per yard for Rec /Rush in the first place . or just pay for the service and set it up proper ..    Good luck all 

Offline mECHsLAVE

• Administrator
  • Kingpin
Re: Looking to next NFL season in FL....
« Reply #2 on: December 27, 2012, 03:31:48 PM »
No tenths of points? ??  Whassup with that?   We've had many games decided by less than a point in the last two seasons, including the championship last season!!    NFL.com is what we use, and it's free and easy to setup.   I'd advise you guys use that next year!

-Jason

Saint Augustine, FL