Author Topic: APE 2013 closure and onward to 2014  (Read 1673 times)

Offline Marcel

• Raven
APE 2013 closure and onward to 2014
« on: March 06, 2013, 07:20:36 AM »
Its hard conveying feelings thru this but I will try my best.
The APE was so much better this year. Better venue, better vibes, better games.
I do this to celebrate what I love to the public, but most of all seeing my true friends have a really good time. It’s the same thought process that was within me and Charlie’s back in ’04, and it will never change.
I am SUPER happy the new venue was liked better than the others! I always wanted a family-friendly show in a family-friendly place, and finally I got it. I have relayed all the positive comments to the venue powers-that-be, and with ear-to-ear smiles, the APE will be kept there.. and it will GROW. Dates to follow. It will probably be Feb 21-23, 2014
Glad everyone liked this years APE shirts..too bad I ran out of them too soon! I plan to place another order of shirts for those who have requested. If you haven’t requested, please alert me now with a PM (what size).

BIG HUGE EVERLASTING THANK YOUs:

The following guys for hauling/providing machines to the event (in no particular order): Jeff Garnett, Dan Kanner, Rick Medina, Ian Seaman, Carlos Lugo, Jeff Smith, Ron Donohue, Dean & Denise Hardy, Leon Essex, Donny White, Curly, Brian Jones, Dan Spolar, Patrick (Owl), Kurt Van Zyl, David Mohr, Sebastian Bobbio, Frank Echamique, Vincent Vega, Adam Daniul, John Ilgenfritz, Jeff Palmer, Ed Witty, Al Neumann, David Kitch I & David Kitch II, David Fallin, Dan Cucciniello, Jason Cody, Robert Somerdin, Richard Massa, Brian Dominy, Robert Childs, Christopher Totten, Luis, Eric Leon, Eric Francis, Sean Kearny, Clarence Jasin, Steve Bromfield, Richard Castline, Bryan McQuade, Robert Kisarewich, Robert Jerklin, Damon Whitney, Fred Langmeyer, Blayne S, and Bink.

BIG thanks to all others whom supported in other ways; passing the word, passing out flyers, etc.

You all helped make this years APE the best ever. You are the reason APE is still ongoing. Much love & respect to you all.

Special thanks:

Ron, Jeff P., Donny, and Leon, and most of all, my wife Dilayla for quickly resolving and/or lending support to the potential city permit-hurdle that stumbled upon the show on Friday. For those not in the know, it was a very rough time and I apologize for greeting you with a “half-smile” before 4pm that day.  Like Donny said: “Crisis averted.. Game ON!”

The “Loxahatchee boys” (Fred, Larry, and Bob) and Ron for helping me setup the 30-something pins I had brought over and didn’t have time to set them up. Also for the breakdown on Sunday!

Brian Jones (prok) for fixing up my Galaga and a few other problematic vids on that day.. and for bringing an awesome Screw Loose!

Donny tournament organizer extraordinaire and all participating competitors. The custom trophies were all made in your honor. Call me up if you need to change the batteries.  Wait until version 3 next year.

Fred Stab of Home Use Pinball. His technical assistance on Friday and Saturday was so needed. I was so happy he was there helping me out.   

Curly for bringing his HOT Stern titles and for the laughs. See you soon buddy.

Spencer for being there and helping me out in many things.

Dean & Denise… 2 awesome people. Helping me that one day last week taking out machines. I have to get that Costco dolly you guys had..

Jack and the Gamewarp crew for stopping by and saying hello. See you all at your show soon!

Mr. Vega.. for allowing me to bring those obscure Cinematronic vids! Along with Brian’s Screwloose.. Florida APExtreme anyone?

Frank (flecom) and Jeff Garnett of Arcade Odyssey for all your technical help, above and beyond.

The SPF crew.. Donny and Leon – you have my support always. Thanks for the games, all the help!

Thank you ALL from the bottom of my heart!

Florida APE forever.

Marcel

Offline pinballcorpse

• Kingpin
Re: APE 2013 closure and onward to 2014
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2013, 09:28:54 AM »
We thank YOU, Marcel. We appreciate all the effort you put into the APE shows and coordinating what is becoming a bigger and better show each year. 

I am glad to be part of it and am always willing to help you and the pinball community out :)

Looking forward to the next APE!

Jeff

Losing with integrity is better than winning with arrogance.

Offline John I

• Administrator
  • Kingpin
« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2013, 08:49:33 PM »
We thank YOU, Marcel. We appreciate all the effort you put into the APE shows and coordinating what is becoming a bigger and better show each year. 

I am glad to be part of it and am always willing to help you and the pinball community out :)

Looking forward to the next APE!

Jeff

Ditto!  Thanks Marcel!!
Wanted to buy: 
Gottlieb Dodge City

Offline 0geist0

• Kingpin
« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2013, 07:57:31 AM »
Thank you Marcell, it was your hard work that brought it all together.

Bob
ST Pro. Getaway 2, Flight 2000, Pioneer.

anything