Author Topic: Pinball Shark Praise  (Read 1497 times)

Offline mcjeremy42

• Flipper Cowboy
Pinball Shark Praise
« on: March 30, 2013, 07:33:02 AM »
I bought this playfield from Theseadoormaster last year at Curly's open house with the intention of getting it clearcoated.  I found Pinball Shark (Brady) through a few posts on the Village, and we spoke at SPF, where I gave him the pf. 

These are the results: http://www.pinballshark.com/?cat=33

Some people want AFM or BBB or MM as their grails.  This one is mine, simple as it may be. But I'm a comic guy, Marvel and Spidey especially.  So, thanks to Brady, I have the perfect playfield to install in my favorite machine!!  This'll be at Curly's if anyone would like to see it in person.  Be sure and look at Brady's other work on his site as well!
Vids: DK/DK2, Defender, Midway Cocktail w/Arcade SD, Space Invaders Deluxe, Tron, Rampage WT, Megatouch Maxx
Pins: Amazing Spider-Man, Incredible Hulk, Mr & Mrs Pac-Man, Apollo 13, Judge Dredd, Target Alpha, Centigrade 37
Pachinko:  Spider-Man Neo
Home Sys: Super Pong, 2600, 800xl, NES, Snes, N64, GC, Wii, SMS, Genesis, SCD,
                  32X, Saturn, DC, Xbox, PS2, PS3, GBA, DS, PSP, PC

Offline doghouse

• Kingpin
  • Have You Had Your Shot Of Pinball Today?
    • The Pinball Asylum
Pinball Shark Praise
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2013, 11:34:24 PM »
Great game and worth the clear coating. Congrats!
When in Fort Myers, visit THE PINBALL ASYLUM!

Offline mECHsLAVE

• Administrator
  • Kingpin
Re: Pinball Shark Praise
« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2013, 09:18:42 PM »
Wow, that's awesome!   Definitely post pics of the final machine once installed!  I'd like to grab one of these down the road also.   I play the one at PAPA a lot every time I'm there.   

I'm also a Spidey guy.  I was going for the whole ASM catalog several years ago, but stalled out with some of the expensive/hard to find ones.   I have most of the other Spidey series complete up to maybe 5-6 years ago.     

I have a fairly nice Paragon field I've been thinking about doing this way.  How much touch-up/restore was needed?
-Jason

Saint Augustine, FL

Offline RUReady2Rock

• Flipper Cowboy
« Reply #3 on: April 01, 2013, 08:42:41 AM »
I bought my BH from Pinball Shark (Brady) last year.  He does excellent work and would recommend using him.  I got to play Brady's Paragon when I was there and he did a great job restoring it.  He had to redo a lot of the artwork on the playfield and matched it up perfectly.  It looked better than new and the playfield was like glass with the clearcoating.

Offline mcjeremy42

• Flipper Cowboy
« Reply #4 on: April 01, 2013, 09:54:57 PM »
Jason, he had to touch up a bit by the Lizard's tail, some planking by Kingpin, and other little spots that were worn/wore when he cleaned it.  Brady's got great pics from start to finish on his site. 

As for comics, I've got every SM comic from ASM 90 or so thru 2004, when I stopped collecting new books.  I think it's 8 or 9 long boxes of just Spidey (out of 40+ boxes).  I've got various older books including 14, 38, and 50 signed by Stan Lee, as well as 38, 39, 42, and 50 signed by John Romita, Sr.  My ASM pin is signed on the apron " 'Nuff Said! Stan Lee", hence my avatar.  Still waiting to find that attic with a mint Amazing Fantasy 15 for $5 inside.

My father collected comics and I've filled in LOTS of holes since he gave the collection over to me.  When I stopped collecting new books in 2004, we could afford our house in 2007!  I pretty much buy only silver age books to fill holes now.

And for everyone else, we now return you to your regularly scheduled Pinball talk!
Vids: DK/DK2, Defender, Midway Cocktail w/Arcade SD, Space Invaders Deluxe, Tron, Rampage WT, Megatouch Maxx
Pins: Amazing Spider-Man, Incredible Hulk, Mr & Mrs Pac-Man, Apollo 13, Judge Dredd, Target Alpha, Centigrade 37
Pachinko:  Spider-Man Neo
Home Sys: Super Pong, 2600, 800xl, NES, Snes, N64, GC, Wii, SMS, Genesis, SCD,
                  32X, Saturn, DC, Xbox, PS2, PS3, GBA, DS, PSP, PC

Offline mECHsLAVE

• Administrator
  • Kingpin
« Reply #5 on: April 05, 2013, 08:33:49 AM »
Nice!  Yeah, I also have #14, which was a personal grail of mine....what a great issue!   #4, Sandman.   #5, Doom.  #9 Electro...couple more in the teens maybe, then it gets sparse until the 20's... then I  have most from #30-100 I think.   I need to dig through them again.    And yeah, I actually won a AF#15 on ebay many years ago for $3k, in very average shape, and the seller reneged.  :(  That's probably as close as I ever come to owning one, because I'm just not motivated to spend so much on a comic anymore.  I have all the PP's, all the Macfarlanes, all Web ofs, and some other misc series through 2004.   I really enjoyed the PP storylines in the 80's, one of my favorite series. 
-Jason

Saint Augustine, FL

Offline klassic

• Kingpin
« Reply #6 on: April 07, 2013, 01:31:24 PM »
ASM 129 is the only comic book worth owning. :)

anything