Author Topic: ID4 thoughts  (Read 1068 times)

Offline mECHsLAVE

• Administrator
  • Kingpin
ID4 thoughts
« on: May 04, 2013, 11:28:55 AM »
Just some rainy day thoughts (third day in a row that I've woken up to rain, and had rain all day long, and all night...where's the SUN??? :(  ).   ID4 has been here a few days, and I've gotten a couple good games on it.

Rule set seems very basic, cut from T2 cloth.   Points seem to be in the multiballs and the hurry-ups.  The hurry-ups can be built up huge it seems.   No true modes that I can see.   The main multi is challenging and simple, with multiple waves of jackpots all over the field.   You can't trap and rape, because you need to shoot all sides, and the upper flipper on the right will block the 3x jackpot if you trap balls.  So you have to truly PLAY the multiball in the fun, low-brow, throwback way, instead of the methodical trapping/passing manor.  I enjoy that a lot!

Tight satisfying shots.  Not the best theme, but definitely implemented well.   Alien head lock is a cool toy.   Game gets to playing very fast when you hit the ramps, 3 injection molded ramps with wireform returns on 2 of them.   Nice flow! 

This will probably be a transient game in my collection, but it came with some good scores on the board that I'm still trying to knock off.... so it's going nowhere for now!
-Jason

Saint Augustine, FL

Offline pinballcorpse

• Kingpin
Re: ID4 thoughts
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2013, 08:31:12 PM »
So many games, so little time.  How do the pros keep track of them all?

Regarding the flippers and blocking, are the switches not stacked?  Seems most games with upper and lower flippers allow for the upper flipper to be activated by partially releasing the flipper button which moves the upper flipper and keeps the lower one in the cradle position.  I don't know the game, maybe it does not allow for that?
Losing with integrity is better than winning with arrogance.

Offline mECHsLAVE

• Administrator
  • Kingpin
« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2013, 09:45:02 PM »
Good point, I'm sure it is stacked.  But since the jackpot waves are spread, and each ramp or outer loop can only be hit with opposite flipper, then trapping still doesn't do any good.   I did have a ball trapped on each lower flipper, shoot the right loop jackpot and drop the right flippers at the exact time to allow the shot, which felt really nice.  I rarely actually try to partially activate same side flippers much at all, honestly.  I should keep that in mind more...
-Jason

Saint Augustine, FL

Offline flecom

• Flipper Cowboy
« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2013, 11:21:23 AM »
I always had a bitch of a time trying to hit the left ramp... was a fun game though
Pins: Tale of the Arabian Nights, DE:Star Wars, Star Wars Episode 1, Bride of Pinbot, Batman Forever, GoldenEye, South Park, Bram Stoker's Dracula, Super Mario Bros.
Vids: Dig Dug, Silent Scope 2, 60-in-1

Offline klassic

• Kingpin
« Reply #4 on: June 07, 2013, 09:39:17 PM »
I've never played this title. and i don't know how jeff cradles the pinballs on the lower flipper while racking 100s of upper loop shots with the free upper flipper. it's nutty to watch. :)

Offline mECHsLAVE

• Administrator
  • Kingpin
« Reply #5 on: June 12, 2013, 09:07:57 PM »
Listed in the FS section due an unforeseen pinball purchase.  Good deal for someone not looking to break the bank on a fun machine. 

http://www.floridapinballforum.com/smf/index.php?topic=1417.0
-Jason

Saint Augustine, FL

anything