Author Topic: June POPs Club Event! June 8th @ Ed's in Lake Mary RESULTS  (Read 1740 times)

Offline rockmang15

• Raven
June POPs Club Event! June 8th @ Ed's in Lake Mary RESULTS
« on: June 08, 2013, 08:59:08 AM »
Next POP's Event is June 8th at Ed's in Lake Mary from 3pm-9pm
Please PM me for the invite details

Tournament Games will be announced later
Here is the List of games to play!
Twilight Zone
No Good Gofers
Addams Family
Indiana Jones - The Pinball Adventure
Tales of the Arabian Nights
Attack From Mars
Fireball Classic
A-Go-Go
Fire!
Police Force
Funhouse
Orbitor 1
Centaur II
Eight Ball Deluxe
MAME Cocktail
GTI Club (Twin Sit Down racing game)
Foosball
Hyperbowl

He also have a Rock'n Bowl-O-Rama!

Buck

Offline John I

• Administrator
  • Kingpin
Re: June POPs Club Event! June 8th @ Ed's in Lake Mary
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2013, 11:02:51 AM »
Thanks Buck!  I will be there and bring the RAW POWER Cup even though I plan on retaining it.    8)
Wanted to buy: 
Gottlieb Dodge City

Offline rockmang15

• Raven
Re: June POPs Club Event! June 8th @ Ed's in Lake Mary
« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2013, 08:39:49 AM »
Results!

Everyone had an awesome time!  Ed was an amazing host and has a very cool Gameroom!
Lineup was great, turnout was great (probably about 30+ guests throughout the night!), tournament was fun too!

We had 16 Players in the Tournament.  Games played were, Centaur II, Fireball Classic, finals were on Police Force
1st Kurt
2nd Paul
3rd Adrian
4th Matt

Panoramic view of Ed's Gameroom!

Untitled by The Megabuck, on Flickr

I don't always play pinball, but when I do, I win at POPs!

Ed gave everyone an inside look at Orbitor 1

Special thank to Chris at BART Bar, Arcade, and Gallery for providing extra adult beverages and koozies!
Come to POPs, leave with swag!

Buck

Offline pinballcorpse

• Kingpin
Re: June POPs Club Event! June 8th @ Ed's in Lake Mary RESULTS
« Reply #3 on: June 09, 2013, 09:31:30 AM »
Awesome! Good job on another successful outing.

You knew I was going to ask: What was the tourney format? How did 16 turn into 4, etc. (I love these sorts of details!)
Losing with integrity is better than winning with arrogance.

Offline John I

• Administrator
  • Kingpin
« Reply #4 on: June 09, 2013, 10:39:40 AM »

You knew I was going to ask: What was the tourney format? How did 16 turn into 4, etc. (I love these sorts of details!)

The tourny is a fast moving format.  Break into groups of four.  Each group plays the first game and top two move on from each group.  And so on.  So it goes 16 to 8 to 4 to Champion.

There were some good games in there.  In my first round matchup on Centaur II, I did not touch the ball with the flipper on the first two balls.  On my third ball I bumped my score to around 110,700 and moved to second place.  Two players who played after me finished around 500 and 1000 points behind me respectively.  It was one of the tightest four way games I have ever seen!

This was a really fun event.  A lot of the people in the group are still getting to know eachother, so a mostly "social play" vs "tournament play" ratio is a good thing.  I am appreciative that they invited me as an "outsider" from Cocoa! 
Wanted to buy: 
Gottlieb Dodge City

Offline pinballcorpse

• Kingpin
« Reply #5 on: June 09, 2013, 11:09:59 AM »

The tourny is a fast moving format.  Break into groups of four.  Each group plays the first game and top two move on from each group.  And so on.  So it goes 16 to 8 to 4 to Champion.

There were some good games in there.  In my first round matchup on Centaur II, I did not touch the ball with the flipper on the first two balls.  On my third ball I bumped my score to around 110,700 and moved to second place.  Two players who played after me finished around 500 and 1000 points behind me respectively.  It was one of the tightest four way games I have ever seen!

This was a really fun event.  A lot of the people in the group are still getting to know eachother, so a mostly "social play" vs "tournament play" ratio is a good thing.  I am appreciative that they invited me as an "outsider" from Cocoa!

Thanks for sharing.

What you describe about ratios mirrors some of the same ideas as FLiPS; mainly try not to monopolize the day competing and allow people to play casually and get to know each other.

Sounds like POPs is off to a great start!
Losing with integrity is better than winning with arrogance.

Offline Miracleman

• Kingpin
  • TOO HAPPY
« Reply #6 on: June 09, 2013, 11:04:07 PM »
I sucked but it was a great time!

anything