Author Topic: 60 in 1 Question  (Read 2460 times)

Offline John I

• Administrator
  • Kingpin
60 in 1 Question
« on: July 20, 2013, 09:04:46 AM »
I have a friend's Galaga/Ms Pacman.  He wants to give it to the grand kids, but thinks they will tire of it quickly with just two  games.  I told him I could put in a multi board and it would be easily reversible.  I have not done this before.  Here is the board I am looking at:

http://www.jammaboards.com/store/60-in-1-icade-classic-multigame-jamma-pcb-original-pcb-60in1.html

I assume this is a easy drop in replacement?

It would be nice to use the original control panel.  This game has 2 start buttons for both Ms Pacman and Galaga.  Is it possible to map the 2 Galaga start buttons to use in the games that need more than one button for smart bombs or other features?

Would we be able to play a reasonable amount of the games with the stock control panel?  Or would I need to buy/build a new panel?
Wanted to buy: 
Gottlieb Dodge City

Offline Hamster

• Flipper Cowboy
    • Coin Op Florida
Re: 60 in 1 Question
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2013, 09:46:00 AM »
i would do the arcadesd board as the quality & quantity of games are far better.

Offline klassic

• Kingpin
« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2013, 11:27:19 AM »
do the 60-in-1. plug it in and done. i have my reunion setup that way.

55 bucks for that exact board you linked to. let me know if you need that source. :)

this is for grandkids, not purists. the 60in1 board is 6 times less money. :)

Offline John I

• Administrator
  • Kingpin
« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2013, 03:49:19 PM »
do the 60-in-1. plug it in and done. i have my reunion setup that way.

55 bucks for that exact board you linked to. let me know if you need that source. :)

this is for grandkids, not purists. the 60in1 board is 6 times less money. :)

When I get my new gameroom up and running, I am going to build a cabinet and will use an ArcadeSD or MAME.  For this less demanding project I went with the 60-in-1.  I did find one for cheaper than the link posted above, but not as cheap as you are saying!
Wanted to buy: 
Gottlieb Dodge City

Offline John I

• Administrator
  • Kingpin
« Reply #4 on: July 26, 2013, 09:53:00 PM »
I got the board and it installed and set up fairly easily.  Here is my biggest complaint:  you need a way to exit from a selected game any time you want.  There should be some way to hold the start button or both start buttons and simply exit any game at any time and go to the main menu.  Megatouch has this and I have grown used to it while browsing the games.  Sometimes trying to lose to get to the menu is easier said than done.  I did a bunch of googling on this and found nothing.
Wanted to buy: 
Gottlieb Dodge City

Offline mcjeremy42

• Flipper Cowboy
« Reply #5 on: July 27, 2013, 03:14:06 PM »
I thought there was a setting in the set-up menu to hold player 1 & 2 start to go back to the game select menu.  May have to hold it for a couple of seconds.  I could be wrong--been using the ArcadeSD instead for a year now.
Vids: DK/DK2, Defender, Midway Cocktail w/Arcade SD, Space Invaders Deluxe, Tron, Rampage WT, Megatouch Maxx
Pins: Amazing Spider-Man, Incredible Hulk, Mr & Mrs Pac-Man, Apollo 13, Judge Dredd, Target Alpha, Centigrade 37
Pachinko:  Spider-Man Neo
Home Sys: Super Pong, 2600, 800xl, NES, Snes, N64, GC, Wii, SMS, Genesis, SCD,
                  32X, Saturn, DC, Xbox, PS2, PS3, GBA, DS, PSP, PC

Offline John I

• Administrator
  • Kingpin
« Reply #6 on: July 29, 2013, 09:53:21 AM »
I thought there was a setting in the set-up menu to hold player 1 & 2 start to go back to the game select menu.  May have to hold it for a couple of seconds.  I could be wrong--been using the ArcadeSD instead for a year now.

I don't see anything in the settings.  I sent them an email.  This is made worse because all the games seem to be set to 5 lives instead of 3 by default.

Sent with my Galaxy S3 using Tapatalk

Wanted to buy: 
Gottlieb Dodge City

Offline klassic

• Kingpin
« Reply #7 on: August 01, 2013, 12:15:09 PM »
you can't exit the game during your play on the 60in1. have to lose your lives.

you can set each games settings using the 4th dipswitch on the 60in1 to enter a setup screen.

Offline John I

• Administrator
  • Kingpin
« Reply #8 on: August 01, 2013, 04:15:14 PM »
Yeah I went through and set the games that were on 5 lives to 3. 

I am not much of a video game guy so I don't have much patience.  It sure would be nice to be able to surf from game to game to find ones I like. 

On a whole though this thing works great and is an improvement over just having two games...
Wanted to buy: 
Gottlieb Dodge City

Offline Punisher599

• Raven
« Reply #9 on: September 22, 2013, 06:16:00 PM »
Hi can I get that link to the cheap 60 in 1 please?

Offline klassic

• Kingpin
« Reply #10 on: September 02, 2018, 02:30:35 PM »
just a tad late to reply  :)

they're under 35 bucks from the US now on eBay. if you're patient, you can find them for under $30 shipped out of china, or highscoresaves has a cheap US based price as well:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/60-in-1-Classic-Game-Vertical-PCB-Board-for-Jamma-Wired-Arcade-Cabinet-AC708/262903736929?epid=13016016821&hash=item3d3648aa61:g:Oc4AAOSwRuVbMWhP

good luck. it's a cheap board...you could opt for a pandora's box 5s knockoff as well, for horizontal monitor setups. there's also a 19in1 horizontal cheap mutliboard, but a weird game choice on it.

anything