Author Topic: Follow the progress on my new house!  (Read 4920 times)

Offline John I

• Administrator
  • Kingpin
Follow the progress on my new house!
« on: August 03, 2013, 11:42:29 AM »
As many of you know I am building a new house at my property in Cocoa.  I have a lot of friends and relatives asking how it is going, so I took my friend Steve B's advice and created a blog website with picture libraries.  I will be updating the website from time to time so check back every week or so the see the latest progress!

The house will be much bigger than my old house and has a 28x16 foot dedicated game room!  There is also a 4-car garage.  Hopefully I can live without pinball machines in all my bedrooms this time around! 

Here is the link:

http://thepinballarcade.com/
Wanted to buy: 
Gottlieb Dodge City

Offline Baiter

• Kingpin
Re: Follow the progress on my new house!
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2013, 12:26:39 AM »
Don't forget the pics!

Offline John I

• Administrator
  • Kingpin
« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2013, 08:04:59 AM »
Don't forget the pics!

Pictures are there.  Just click the links on the top of the page.  Or maybe it is your browser?
Wanted to buy: 
Gottlieb Dodge City

Offline pinballcorpse

• Kingpin
« Reply #3 on: August 04, 2013, 12:00:24 PM »
I love the Facebook and " If you don't know who I am"  comments.

Classic.

Best success on the new place.
Losing with integrity is better than winning with arrogance.

Offline 0geist0

• Kingpin
« Reply #4 on: August 04, 2013, 01:41:51 PM »
Wow the place looks like it's HUGE, plenty of room for games
ST Pro. Getaway 2, Flight 2000, Pioneer.

Offline John I

• Administrator
  • Kingpin
« Reply #5 on: August 07, 2013, 09:36:28 PM »
Wow the place looks like it's HUGE, plenty of room for games

It is pretty huge compared to the old place!  Especially the garage.  I put in two 18 foot wide doors instead of the normal 16.  That way I can park both cars side by side and not worry about banging doors.  Meanwhile the other 2-car bay can be used for other activities (like stenciling cabinets)...

I totally re-did the website with better photo albums.  The block walls are complete now so go back for another look:

http://thepinballarcade.com/
Wanted to buy: 
Gottlieb Dodge City

Offline Baiter

• Kingpin
« Reply #6 on: August 13, 2013, 12:24:17 PM »
Looks great!  Where is the most important room (the game room)?

Offline John I

• Administrator
  • Kingpin
« Reply #7 on: August 13, 2013, 09:45:53 PM »
Looks great!  Where is the most important room (the game room)?

The gameroom is right along side the garage.  It is the same 28 foot depth as the garage and 16 feet wide.  If you look at the picture below I have an arrow pointing out the french door opening that will allow large machines to be able to move directly in from the driveway/sidewalk.  A second arrow points out the window for the gameroom's attached bathroom.  The gameroom itself has no windows besides the ones on the french doors and will have dark shades on it.  So the walls will be free for long rows of pins on either side of the room.   I figure 15 pins will fit easily.  There will also be a supplemental 1.5 ton ductless air conditioner for the gameroom to keep things cool for parties.  This will be the only room in the house with carpeting.  The carpeting will be blacklight arcade type carpet. 
Wanted to buy: 
Gottlieb Dodge City

Offline Baiter

• Kingpin
« Reply #8 on: August 14, 2013, 01:26:30 PM »
Nice... I've put some thought into the "ideal game room placement" and you look to have covered all bases!

Offline jmsvero

• Quicksilver
« Reply #9 on: August 16, 2013, 09:18:47 AM »
John,
The place is coming along great. Looks good. I look forward to the progress photos
Jeff
EM's:
300, 8 Ball, Air Aces, Astro, Batter Up, Big Brave, Bon Voyage, Buccaneer, Captain Kidd, Dragon, Fairway, Flip a Card, Hi Lo Ace, Jack and Jill, King of Diamonds, Lite a Card, Old Chicago, Quick Draw, Rack a Ball, Ramona, Silver, Spooksville, Top Card, Triple Strike, Twenty Grand, Twin Win

Others:
Captain Hook, Caribbean Cruise, Night Moves

Looking For: Gottlieb Egg Head, Williams Turf-Champ, and Canada Dry, Allied Leisure Sea Hunt, Gottlieb World Fair, Anything from the 30's

Offline John I

• Administrator
  • Kingpin
« Reply #10 on: August 20, 2013, 08:05:30 PM »
John,
The place is coming along great. Looks good. I look forward to the progress photos
Jeff

I spent the day Saturday measuring the inside walls and pretending to be in the completed house.  This is a 100% custom design, so there were a few things that in the real world did not work out the way they looked on paper.  I also discovered that the gameroom was a full foot narrower than I wanted it.  This was a late change in the plans and somehow the framer missed it.  So it is a good thing that I stayed home from the Asylum last weekend, because the framer is coming back tomorrow to move the wall and fix the issues I found before they start installing the windows and doors (which will be delivered before lunch time).  These issues are easy to fix now before the electrical and drywall go in!

I just updated the page yesterday.  Expect some major updates this week as the windows and doors go in.
Wanted to buy: 
Gottlieb Dodge City

Offline jmsvero

• Quicksilver
« Reply #11 on: August 20, 2013, 08:30:08 PM »
I took a look at the updates. The roof is looking good.
Jeff
EM's:
300, 8 Ball, Air Aces, Astro, Batter Up, Big Brave, Bon Voyage, Buccaneer, Captain Kidd, Dragon, Fairway, Flip a Card, Hi Lo Ace, Jack and Jill, King of Diamonds, Lite a Card, Old Chicago, Quick Draw, Rack a Ball, Ramona, Silver, Spooksville, Top Card, Triple Strike, Twenty Grand, Twin Win

Others:

Looking For: Gottlieb Egg Head, Williams Turf-Champ, and Canada Dry, Allied Leisure Sea Hunt, Gottlieb World Fair, Anything from the 30's

Offline jmsvero

• Quicksilver
« Reply #12 on: August 20, 2013, 09:26:05 PM »
I know you are excited about the house.
When we built our new house, we watched the progress everyday since we built the new house two lots away from the house we were living in. It was great to see each days progress. Have fun with it.
Jeff
EM's:

Others:

Offline John I

• Administrator
  • Kingpin
« Reply #13 on: August 21, 2013, 12:40:11 AM »
The place I am renting is just down the road from the building site.  I pass by on my way to and from work every day.  Come to think about it I pass by any time I leave the neighborhood.   The final product will definitely be much more to my specification based on constant interaction with the builders to get things right. 

I try really hard not to specify stupid things or things that only I would like.  I want the house to be not only my dream house, but be desirable to others (including women LOL) if I ever have to sell it.  For instance the game room would make a great man cave for a pool table or a media/theater room.  There is an open bright living room just around the corner to balance it out.  The kitchen will be awesome and there is a large walk in pantry.  The master bath and closet have been given a thumbs up by my female friends.  My builder has really great contractors with a lot of experience and I rely on their advise a lot.  When one of them asks me how I want something done, I usually turn around and ask "how would you do it"?  After all they are the experts and I have never built a house.  Generally they know the latest and greatest way to do things and rarely have I disagreed.  When they were leveling the lot months ago the contractor asked me how many loads of dirt I wanted.  I told him I wanted the same number he would use if it was his house.  Needless to say the lot is properly leveled for drainage and I won't need a lift pump for my septic tank.
Wanted to buy: 
Gottlieb Dodge City

Offline John I

• Administrator
  • Kingpin
« Reply #14 on: September 19, 2013, 10:50:13 PM »
It's been a while, but I made an update on the page and added pictures.  Lots of great progress has been made and the house is really shaping up great!  Be sure to hit refresh on your browser if you don't see today's update.

www.thepinballarcade.com
Wanted to buy: 
Gottlieb Dodge City

anything