Author Topic: Company 'restores' classic games???  (Read 1829 times)

Offline Miracleman

• Kingpin
  • TOO HAPPY
Company 'restores' classic games???
« on: August 12, 2013, 09:10:50 PM »
http://money.cnn.com/video/pf/2013/06/28/lat-arcade-games-for-man-caves.cnnmoney/index.html?iid=V_Series

Not really, and CNN should be ashamed for basically doing a commercial for Prime Time instead of focusing on someone who really does restorations.

Almost looks like the kart racing location for APE show?

Offline John I

• Administrator
  • Kingpin
Re: Company 'restores' classic games???
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2013, 09:22:55 PM »
That does look like the APE venue!!
Wanted to buy: 
Gottlieb Dodge City

Offline klassic

• Kingpin
Re: Company 'restores' classic games???
« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2013, 10:33:38 AM »
wow. that is funny. they don't cater to any classic gamers at all. they are setup basically like brady distributing...new coin op for public locations, and redemption, redemption, redemption.

you can't go in there and buy a pacman. not even a reunion. well, for $10,000, i guess they'd call me to get them one stat. :P

i'm about the only guy that has ever purchased their "classic" games (have gotten 3 from them, picked up)...and you all know, i don't spend $10,000 to $15,000 dollars. it's 1% to 3% of that amount for arcade machines.

i guess it's an attempt to squeeze into another market, since coin-op is dried up. they paid for that spot, if i was to guess.

that is the APE's venue. and it probably explains why i see craigslist ads for $6000 arcade machines that are worth 800 bucks...