Author Topic: TFLE Cyber-NOT  (Read 568 times)

Offline pinballcorpse

• Kingpin
TFLE Cyber-NOT
« on: August 15, 2013, 05:56:45 PM »
Or rather how I spent 1.5 hours of my day on TFLE.

I had one "easy" goal-After the code update which obliterated my scores, I wanted to get that last 75MIL Autobot factory score off of my TFLE game.  With the new code, there are now 2 sets of board scores or 5 for each faction.

I've been playing ACDC, X-Men and Metallica so TF has not been getting tons of play because there are so many options.

So, off I go. Select Autobot, plunge, start playing.

The game is going remarkably well. Optimus SJP on first try, Autobot robots are getting done and Megatron SJP is done.  Next thing I know I am ready for Roll Out (Sentinel Prime if you prefer).  Play Roll out, win Roll Out, catch ball.

Still on ball one. 2 extra balls in the wings, 2 more regular balls. Nice.

Ok. 4 more Decepticon robots and Megatron is already done. No problem.  Start talking to myself. Play controlled, just like you have been. Play like the A division players at PAPA.  (Hey, whatever self motivation works right?)

Start grinding away. Ramp, ramp, ramp, ramp, start mode.  End up lighting all of the Decepticon robots. Making progress. Looking good.

Ball drains. 232 MIL. Not bad, but that drain makes me feel like Nicolas Cage in Gone in 60 Seconds once Eleanor gets her first scratch.

Shake it off.

Next up:  2 lightning fast house balls. (Tell myself to pretend it was tourney game where extra balls aren't allowed)  More self-chatter: Relax; 2 more balls to play and complete 4 robots; you've done this before.

Next ball is going good.  2 more robots done almost done with the next 2. More than 1/2 way there, about 90% through the game.

Drain.

This is it-all the marbles on this ball.

Grind away at the ramps, keep playing the 2 modes, being super careful and controlled. Trap, pass, shoot, catch, trap, pass, shoot-repeat.  Grind and grind, but ran out of time on a couple chances-maybe being too careful. Work on 4 ramps to start the modes again for those last shots but could not finish them off before the game finished me off.

Final score 357+MIL. 1.5 hours gone. (LOTR flashbacks of coming up short on Valinor)

Never been so close to Cybertron. It was RIGHT THERE. But my philosophy is if I can do something once, I've proven it can be done. I'll get there.

At least there are no more factory scores left :)

Back to ACDC I guess and work on Encore-I keep stalling out at around 9 or 10 songs complete. I have a method now :)
Losing with integrity is better than winning with arrogance.

Offline John I

• Administrator
  • Kingpin
Re: TFLE Cyber-NOT
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2013, 06:56:05 PM »
Great story!  I don't know if I could play a game that long.  My hands get numb after a while.  I had a mega game on IJ the other night and was almost relieved when the game ended prior to eternal life on a house multiball with all three balls going STDM simultaneously.  Even still I want to go back and go for 2 billion.

I haven't played TFLE since the new code came out.  Hopefully I will get a chance at SPF or APE.  As for ACDC, I have been getting my butt kicked by mine recently and haven't been playing it too much.  The 2001 is sitting by itself right out in the middle of the living room and in plain sight from my TV and computer chair, so I have been playing the hell out of it.  IJ is the new game in the lineup (shopping/tweaking for a friend), so I have been playing it lately.  I really miss mine.

I had a friend in town for a few days and he could not get enough ACDC, so I played some games with him to "show him how".  My best game was only around 100M.  I need to make a serious effort to get deep into that game.  Bowen is supposed to put out his rulesheet - hope it comes out soon.
Wanted to buy: 
Gottlieb Dodge City

Offline mECHsLAVE

• Administrator
  • Kingpin
« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2013, 11:12:23 AM »
That's awesome!  But yeah, I know how you feel.  I had a many 1 hour+ games on LOTR over the years that did not end with Valinor...   
-Jason

Saint Augustine, FL

Offline mECHsLAVE

• Administrator
  • Kingpin
« Reply #3 on: November 07, 2018, 06:06:11 PM »
So... bumping an ancient thread to find out:  did Jeff ever win the battle for Cybertron?   

New owner of Decepticons #26 and I've been playing it the past couple nights.   I've played it before, but mainly the pro.   Very much digging it.   Very LOTR feel when shooting, very multiball centric.
-Jason

Saint Augustine, FL