Author Topic: Terrible start to season!!  (Read 3428 times)

Offline John I

• Administrator
  • Kingpin
Terrible start to season!!
« on: September 08, 2013, 05:14:24 PM »
My four favorite teams:
1)  Jags
2)  Bucs
3)  Whoever plays the Saints
4)  Whoever plays the Jets

Obviously today was not a good day for my teams.  How about those Broncos though?  Wow!  Not sure if they are that good or the Ravens were just that bad without a few key players?
Wanted to buy: 
Gottlieb Dodge City

Offline Baiter

• Kingpin
Re: Terrible start to season!!
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2013, 06:38:42 PM »
Yea jags have been bad for a while. Even for novelty's sake, Tebow would bring fans and add some wins.

Bucs had the game won but a single bone head penalty by a rookie defender put the jets in field goal range where the would have otherwise never made it.

As for the broncos, not only did they look good but the Ravens made a lot of mistakes, so the game wasn't even close. The broncos have always been my favorite team, so all is good. :)

Offline John I

• Administrator
  • Kingpin
« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2013, 06:55:23 PM »
Yeah I was just thinking the Jags should pick up Tebow.  He can't possibly be worse than what they have and he will fill the stands both home and away.  Not to mention the attention that will be brought and the jersey sales, etc, etc. 
Wanted to buy: 
Gottlieb Dodge City

Offline mECHsLAVE

• Administrator
  • Kingpin
« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2013, 08:49:30 AM »
Jags can't admit their mistake with Gabbert.   Which is a shame.   He's never shown himself to be anything other than exactly what he was on opening day.  And they keep staying with him.  He throws a great long ball when given a week in the pocket.  That's it.   He's gangly, no pocket presence, no touch or underneath accuracy, no leadership, nothing.  Henne is twice the QB Gabbert is, and that's not saying much.   Jags will continue to lose without a QB.  Is this why we brought in a new coach and GM?   To stay with the same losing QB who sucks?    We could've done that with Tebow and sold out the stadium and jerseys for miles.   Khan just cleaned house last year and it looks like it's going to need cleaning again...

Phins looked great, apart from their running game.   D was solid.  Thill actually played pretty well.  Mike Wallace is upset about the low targets, so look for him to get some big action this week.   Miller needs to get going.   I started him in Fantasy and needless to say I'm 0-1.

Bucs had control of that game the whole way.  That stupid PF at the end changed a 63 yrd FG into a makeable 48 yrder.   Mental mistakes are crucial times.   The Phins could've used a Jet loss to start the season, guys!!!  Cmon!   

It was a fun opening week.  I'm rethinking my lineup for this week (which starts tomorrow, don't forget!).   Going to check my waiver claims in a few mins to see if I got J Thomas from Denver (I have Gronk at TE but he's still out). 
-Jason

Saint Augustine, FL

Offline John I

• Administrator
  • Kingpin
« Reply #4 on: September 11, 2013, 11:10:01 AM »
At least the Eagles beat the Redskins.  Aside from that I think every team I was rooting for lost.   That Bucs game really bothers me; bring on week two!

Sent with Tapatalk
Wanted to buy: 
Gottlieb Dodge City

Offline RUReady2Rock

• Flipper Cowboy
« Reply #5 on: September 11, 2013, 12:11:16 PM »
Jags: Gabbert is definitely not the answer at quarterback.  All a defender has to do is put a hand on him and he goes down.  The experts kieep saying he is young and needs time.  They should cut their losses now and move forward.  Too bad the Jags had the number 2 pick in the draft this year and not last year.  Imagine if they could have drafted RG3.  The play calling is terrible as well.  Granted, the Jags have a terrible offensive line but you still have to throw the ball down field.  The Chiefs were stacking the line.  No wonder they got an easy defensive TD off an interception.

Giants: My favorite team looked awful.  6 turnovers, 3 on their first 3 possessions.  This is going to be a long year.  At least Victor Cruz looks healthy.

Fish:  What happened to their running game?  I used their rb as my flex and got nothing from him.  They did get a solid win over the Brownies.

Bucs:  Look for Josh Freeman to end up in Jax.  It will be an upgrade for both teams.  Great to have football back!!

Offline John I

• Administrator
  • Kingpin
« Reply #6 on: October 09, 2013, 07:18:52 PM »
My four favorite teams:
1)  Jags
2)  Bucs

Obviously today was not a good day for my teams.  How about those Broncos though?  Wow!  Not sure if they are that good or the Ravens were just that bad without a few key players?

Jags are 0-5
Bucs are 0-4
Whoever plays the Saints are 0-5
Whoever plays the jets are 2-3
Combined total of 2-17

This has truly been a terrible season for me thus far.  I look forward to watching the Magic first pre-season game tonight LOL.

Wanted to buy: 
Gottlieb Dodge City

Offline Baiter

• Kingpin
« Reply #7 on: October 09, 2013, 11:10:06 PM »
I don't watch much Jags, but the little i've seen Gabbert doesn't look like starter material, missing open receivers.  QBs take a while to mature, most of 7 years, but they do have to show signs of brilliance here and there.

Offline Baiter

• Kingpin
« Reply #8 on: October 10, 2013, 07:44:00 AM »
I don't watch much Jags, but the little i've seen Gabbert doesn't look like starter material, missing open receivers.  QBs take a while to mature, most of 7 years, but they do have to show signs of brilliance here and there.

Looks like I'm watching them this week when the play the Broncos.  Not sure I've ever seen a 27.5 point spread!!

Offline John I

• Administrator
  • Kingpin
« Reply #9 on: October 10, 2013, 08:06:20 AM »

Looks like I'm watching them this week when the play the Broncos.  Not sure I've ever seen a 27.5 point spread!!

It is the largest spread ever!  The Jags are horrendous and yes Gabbert has shown no signs of being anything but a second or third string QB AT BEST.  They should have gotten Freeman or at least Tebow.  Now the jags monster first round pick offensive lineman Joeckel is out for the season with a fractured ankle, so things aren't getting any better.  On the bright side Gabbert is questionable with a hamstring.
Wanted to buy: 
Gottlieb Dodge City

Offline mECHsLAVE

• Administrator
  • Kingpin
« Reply #10 on: October 10, 2013, 08:34:25 AM »
The Jags will continue to be a joke as long as they play Gabbert.   The Curse of Tebow is upon them.   They give a ton of dough and all their support to a kid who has never won anything, and hasn't proven he can do anything other than through a great long ball in college when he's given a year in the pocket.  Gabbert is crap, everyone knew he was crap, everyone told Khan and Caldwell that Gabbert is crap, and somehow they are now surprised that they're 0-5 and not really in any game so far this year!    I've been picking up every D that is facing the Jags when Gabbert is starting because I know I'm going to have at least one pick6 and a ton of sacks.   Colts and Rams were both golden the past two weeks as Fantasy D's.   They have more problems than just Gabbert, but he's the QB and you just can't win consistently in the NFL unless you have a QB who can do his job. 

The Fins are 3-2 and should've easily beaten the Ravens.   On a Bye this week, so I'm hoping to come out of the Bye and beat the Bills to a pulp.   

Bucs made the right decision to deal Freeman away and be done with him.   He'd be like a cancer if he stayed around.  Whether or not the team can now rally together and turn the season around is another thing.  I'd love to see it though!   They have a solid Defense, so that's a good start.  More than a solid D, actually, looking back to how they stood up to the Saints in particular.   Defense is stellar. 

I'm 3-2 in one Fantasy league and 1-4 in another.  Ray Rice, Fitzgerald, Marshall have all been underacheivers so far this season.   And whoever I'm up against seems to have at least one of those mega-point players overachieving and setting personal records the week I face them!  Gronk is coming back so maybe I'll get a spark I need for a late season run...

-Jason

Saint Augustine, FL

Offline Baiter

• Kingpin
« Reply #11 on: October 13, 2013, 09:57:14 PM »
When I first started watching the Broncos/Jaguars game I was actually impressed with the passing, then realized it was Henne and it all made sense..  Henne was solid until later in the game when throwing a couple picks in the 4th quarter... I can't remember if Henne has a turnover issue or whether he was just trying to force something to happen as they were scrapping from behind?  The Jags came to play but in the end they were simply out-matched.

Offline RUReady2Rock

• Flipper Cowboy
« Reply #12 on: October 13, 2013, 10:14:26 PM »
Even thought the Jags lost by 16 they were competitive throughout.  It was the best they have looked so far this year.  Heck, they only trailed by 2 at the half which shocked the fans in Denver.  Henne deserves to start over Gabbert whenever Fragile Blaine is healthy enough to play again.  Blackmon is turning into a great wide out, if he can just straighten out his personal life.

Offline Baiter

• Kingpin
« Reply #13 on: October 15, 2013, 12:44:51 AM »
Henne gets the start next week... something positive for Jax fans for another week at least :)

Offline John I

• Administrator
  • Kingpin
« Reply #14 on: December 15, 2013, 08:53:55 PM »
My four favorite teams:
1)  Jags
2)  Bucs

My teams are making a comeback for sure.  I never expected the Jags and Bucs to win as many as they have.  Whoever plays the Saints has been doing well lately!  Also, whoever plays the Jets has been playing a lot better.  On a whole, I have been too busy working at my new house to pay much attention to the details this season.  I look forward to spending some serious BBQ and couch time at the new house next season.
Wanted to buy: 
Gottlieb Dodge City