Author Topic: Week 2 - Painful  (Read 1200 times)

Offline John I

• Administrator
  • Kingpin
Week 2 - Painful
« on: September 16, 2013, 05:45:32 PM »
Wow.  I knew the Bucs would blow it, but just for a moment before they missed that field goal I let myself feel like we had it won.  Then they missed the kick and the dreaded Saints tore through the defense like it was a Pop Warner team and scored the winning field goal.  This makes two games where the Bucs snatched defeat from the jaws of victory.  Both games were against teams that I despise.  At this point I.' wondering why I paid the big bucks for the NFL Sunday Ticket Extra only to suffer like this?  I'm looking forward to the return of the NBA.  LOL.
Wanted to buy: 
Gottlieb Dodge City

Offline RUReady2Rock

• Flipper Cowboy
Re: Week 2 - Painful
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2013, 08:49:59 AM »
Do the Jags have a chance of winning a game this year?  They looked terrible against two of last year's patsies, KC and Oakland, although both look like they have improved a lot.  Now the Jags play at Seattle.  I don't see how they can score any points except during garbage time.

Offline John I

• Administrator
  • Kingpin
« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2013, 11:06:11 AM »
Bucs play at Patriots and Jags play in Seattle so they will both likely go 0-3.

Sent with Tapatalk

Wanted to buy: 
Gottlieb Dodge City

Offline mECHsLAVE

• Administrator
  • Kingpin
« Reply #3 on: September 17, 2013, 07:02:06 PM »
It was a week of ups and downs.   Dolphins won a tough game on the road in Indy, now 2-0 on the road to start the season.   Atlanta is going to be an awesome game, esp come the 4th Q heat when the hurry-up drives start.    O-line played much better.  The Dolphins are for real. 

Bucs are close, but (and I never thought I'd say this two years ago) but Freeman is their weak link right now.   He's not playing as sharp as he has in the past, dull reads and lazy play.   He has the potential but with this D playing tight both the first two games, and the offensive weapons they have, you have to look at Freeman.    The D did blow it on that last drive, but they held that insane offense in check all night, with those awesome goalline stands!     If you have a solid D, then you have a chance.  The Bucs can easily turn this season around but Freeman has to start clicking.

Jags have problems on every side of the ball right now.   I'm scared of what is going to happen in Seattle this weekend. 

Ray Rice and Fitzgerald let me down in Fantasy in one league (0-2) and Wallace and co helped me win another (1-1).    Shaky start....
-Jason

Saint Augustine, FL

Offline John I

• Administrator
  • Kingpin
« Reply #4 on: September 17, 2013, 09:23:10 PM »
I have a friend in Seattle who has had season tickets for 20+ years.  I have always rooted for the Seahawks for his sake.  If this season keeps going like it is, I will adopt them as my team for the superbowl.  They are really looking good on both sides of the ball.  Their defense is awesome.  If they shut San Fran down, I seriously doubt the Jags will do any better.  I would set the over under on Jags points at 2.5 for this game. 
Wanted to buy: 
Gottlieb Dodge City

Offline RUReady2Rock

• Flipper Cowboy
« Reply #5 on: September 17, 2013, 09:26:24 PM »
Seattle was fun to watch Sunday night.  I am not a fan of Pete Carroll but he has put together an impressive team.  I came from way back to win in one of my fantasy leagues thanks to Marshawn Lynch and the Seahawks defense. 

The only way the Jags will get over the 2.5 line for points is during garbage time.