Author Topic: PAPA TV at SPF!  (Read 1626 times)

Offline John I

• Administrator
  • Kingpin
PAPA TV at SPF!
« on: October 14, 2013, 10:59:54 PM »
It looks like PAPA TV will be broadcasting live from SPF.  I really enjoy their new broadcast format.  It will be great to be able to go back after the event and watch the footage:

Saturday, Nov 23rd: 10pm – 12am Final two hours of Qualifying
Sunday, Nov 24th: 10:30am Final Round Coverage

http://papa.org/videos/tv/

Wanted to buy: 
Gottlieb Dodge City

Offline Miracleman

• Kingpin
  • TOO HAPPY
Re: PAPA TV at SPF!
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2013, 11:38:20 AM »
hm, more pressure as the world watches you drain...

Offline Baiter

• Kingpin
« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2013, 11:55:21 AM »
hm, more pressure as the world watches you drain...

... and the language that follows

Offline pinballcorpse

• Kingpin
« Reply #3 on: October 15, 2013, 01:08:10 PM »
At first I thought the cameras would bother me. 

I realized having the cameras on at the Asylum really did not affect me-so that was a good test run even if it was not broadcast world wide.  At times I played well and it was captured on video which I am glad people saw, other times I played poorly-no different than if I am at home with nobody else watching.

What I took away from watching PAPA tv at the World Championships with the big names playing is that even the best players have moments where they are in the exact same boat as me: sometimes they wished nobody saw what happened and other times they were glad everyone saw what a great game they had-ie the end of ball gallery clap.

So, I feel if the best players in the world can have good/bad games, I am allowed to as well. I do not have to win or destroy the game every time I play. I know I have skill and I know sometimes stuff just happens. And if someone happens to focus on my drain or a flailfest I had, then so what.

Anyone can watch and play armchair pinball wizard. Woulda, shoulda, coulda... Once you are in the tourney trenches, then you know what is really going on.

I think this will be some good exposure for the Florida locals. The pressure is on the big names to beat us, not vice versa.

Losing with integrity is better than winning with arrogance.

Offline jmsvero

• Quicksilver
« Reply #4 on: October 15, 2013, 01:12:05 PM »
Sounds like it will be a lot of fun to watch.
Congrats to SPF
Jeff
EM's:
300, 8 Ball, Air Aces, Astro, Batter Up, Big Brave, Bon Voyage, Buccaneer, Captain Kidd, Dragon, Fairway, Flip a Card, Hi Lo Ace, Jack and Jill, King of Diamonds, Lite a Card, Old Chicago, Quick Draw, Rack a Ball, Ramona, Silver, Spooksville, Top Card, Triple Strike, Twenty Grand, Twin Win

Others:
Captain Hook, Caribbean Cruise, Night Moves

Looking For: Gottlieb Egg Head, Williams Turf-Champ, and Canada Dry, Allied Leisure Sea Hunt, Gottlieb World Fair, Anything from the 30's

anything