Author Topic: St Augustine hangout this Saturday the 19th  (Read 1726 times)

Offline mECHsLAVE

• Administrator
  • Kingpin
St Augustine hangout this Saturday the 19th
« on: October 16, 2013, 12:38:00 PM »
My place, Saturday the 19th, around 6/7PM til whenever we get tired of playing!   

WOZ, Metallica, GNR, Airborne, Monster Bash, Whitewater, SWEP1 will be available for play, with maybe one or two others.   904-540-1333   

I lost a bunch of contacts over the summer with a iOS reset so just text me before you come by if you need address!  Plus I have a small place so I do reserve limiting people if crowd is too large!
-Jason

Saint Augustine, FL

Offline John I

• Administrator
  • Kingpin
Re: St Augustine hangout this Saturday the 19th
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2013, 02:28:23 PM »
Thanks for the invite.  Not sure of my schedule this weekend, but I will try to work it in.  I'd like to get some time in on WoZ and METLE.  The only times I've played WoZ the software was really early compared to what you have now.
Wanted to buy: 
Gottlieb Dodge City

Offline Baiter

• Kingpin
« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2013, 04:41:42 PM »
Too bad it is so far away...

Offline RUReady2Rock

• Flipper Cowboy
« Reply #3 on: October 20, 2013, 09:13:44 AM »
Jason, thank you for inviting me into your home to play your fabulous collection.  I was very impressed with WoZ.  It was very helpful listening to your explanation of the ruleset.  Too bad my retention is that of a gnat.  Master of Puppets and Airbourne are great additions.  I like how you mixed up your collection.  It was a fun time and always great to see you and Eve!

Steve

Offline John I

• Administrator
  • Kingpin
« Reply #4 on: October 20, 2013, 09:41:17 AM »
I wish I had time and energy to make it!  I'm sure it was a great time.  Sometimes I wish Florida wasn't so big and spread out.
Wanted to buy: 
Gottlieb Dodge City

Offline mECHsLAVE

• Administrator
  • Kingpin
« Reply #5 on: October 21, 2013, 07:12:18 PM »
Thanks for coming, Steve!   

We had a nice turnout, including some of the Jax guys I don't get to see too often like MikeD and the very talented Michael Walz.   Everyone seemed to dig Airborne and Metallica, and of course WOZ.   Airborne is so new to me, that I didn't have a lot of answers on that one, but everyone was pretty blown away by the layout, which I attribute to the glory days of 90's pinball creativity.   Like every Capcom machine except Breakshot and Flipper Football, you look at Airborne and sadly nod, understanding how they went out of business.  Low production runs of machines that must've cost a fortune to build.   In the past few years the designs by Borg and Ritchie have fallen into a bit of a rut in terms of layouts, which is highlighted when you play one of these really creative gems from the past.   I didn't know until I did some reading about Airborne, but it was designed by Claude Fernandez!   Airborne appears to be his final design.

I'd have to say everyone loved WOZ.  WOZ becomes addicting once you begin to tie the objectives together, and often you really aren't sure what to do because there are so many different paths you could choose!   The rules are so visually tied to the machine in the form of tangible scenery and interactive toys, not to mention the LCD rule path screens and other visuals and callouts during gameplay, as well very bright and active insert guides, that it was undoubtedly the game people seemed to understand the more they played, particularly the non-pinball players like my neighbors and business friends.  And the outlane games seemed to be universally adored.     

Unfortunately we didn't have any epic Track N Field contests.  The sound went out during our first 4 player game, and without sound TNF is impossible.  I'll get that fixed soon hopefully!   
-Jason

Saint Augustine, FL

anything