Author Topic: Getting ready for SPF  (Read 1976 times)

Offline jmsvero

• Quicksilver
Getting ready for SPF
« on: October 26, 2013, 07:39:25 PM »
I am feeling like the karate kid right about now,........wax on, wax off
Getting all the games ready for SPF
Jeff
EM's:
300, 8 Ball, Air Aces, Astro, Batter Up, Big Brave, Bon Voyage, Buccaneer, Captain Kidd, Dragon, Fairway, Flip a Card, Hi Lo Ace, Jack and Jill, King of Diamonds, Lite a Card, Old Chicago, Quick Draw, Rack a Ball, Ramona, Silver, Spooksville, Top Card, Triple Strike, Twenty Grand, Twin Win

Others:
Captain Hook, Caribbean Cruise, Night Moves

Looking For: Gottlieb Egg Head, Williams Turf-Champ, and Canada Dry, Allied Leisure Sea Hunt, Gottlieb World Fair, Anything from the 30's

Offline John I

• Administrator
  • Kingpin
Re: Getting ready for SPF
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2013, 08:27:32 PM »
I've been trying to get ready early this year too.  I do plan on shopping out the Sinbad I just picked up prior to SPF, but it is running great so I don't expect trouble.   I just ran through 2001, Jack in the Box and Quick Draw to tweak them out and make sure everything is good.  A little wax and new balls and they should hopefully be good.  I'll be bringing a couple of Sterns too.  They generally don't give me trouble at shows.  Once again a little wax and new balls as a precaution. 
Wanted to buy: 
Gottlieb Dodge City

Offline mECHsLAVE

• Administrator
  • Kingpin
« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2013, 08:11:54 AM »
I was planning on bringing a BSD and getting in early, playing in the tourney, etc.   Well I got home late Monday after 5 days in Denver feeling pretty terrible.   Tues night I had a 100.2 fever with no other symptoms, no cough or anything.   So I have to assume I have the flu.   I feel pretty weak today, but slightly better.   

I doubt I will attend this year unless I am 100% symptom free by tomorrow, which is doubtful.   I don't want to expose anyone else to this.   Jon Exidy picked it up at the 1UP/Kong Off and then I picked it up about 2 days later.   :(    Very sad to not be able to compete this year, but it is what it is.   Last thing I want is to have everyone down with some bug after the event.  Have fun this year guys if I don't make it!
-Jason

Saint Augustine, FL

Offline pinballcorpse

• Kingpin
« Reply #3 on: November 21, 2013, 08:23:15 AM »
I was planning on bringing a BSD and getting in early, playing in the tourney, etc.   Well I got home late Monday after 5 days in Denver feeling pretty terrible.   Tues night I had a 100.2 fever with no other symptoms, no cough or anything.   So I have to assume I have the flu.   I feel pretty weak today, but slightly better.   

I doubt I will attend this year unless I am 100% symptom free by tomorrow, which is doubtful.   I don't want to expose anyone else to this.   Jon Exidy picked it up at the 1UP/Kong Off and then I picked it up about 2 days later.   :(    Very sad to not be able to compete this year, but it is what it is.   Last thing I want is to have everyone down with some bug after the event.  Have fun this year guys if I don't make it!

Feel better soon, Jason!
Losing with integrity is better than winning with arrogance.

Offline mECHsLAVE

• Administrator
  • Kingpin
« Reply #4 on: November 21, 2013, 09:47:00 AM »
Thanks!   I'll be pulling for all the locals and FL players to trounce the circuit players!   

It's really too bad, because I've been playing excellent pinball.   All the newer machines at 1UP/2UP, plus a trip up to Lyons and Pinball Jones last week/weekend.    I'm primed and ready.   And I could caffeinate my way through it all, I'm sure, but I don't want to get anyone else sick and I don't want to feel terrible again after the weekend, because I'm so far behind with work!   
-Jason

Saint Augustine, FL

Offline Ron Donohue

• Demolition Man
« Reply #5 on: November 21, 2013, 11:56:16 AM »
I hope that you are feeling better soon.    I am the exact opposite of your situation: I feel great but am playing like crap lately.  Still, I agree with your hope that our Florida players can step up and show the circuit players that Florida is not an easy place to come and get points.

Offline doghouse

• Kingpin
  • Have You Had Your Shot Of Pinball Today?
    • The Pinball Asylum
« Reply #6 on: November 21, 2013, 11:59:12 AM »

Duuuude...... so sorry to hear.  We needed your Florida butt-kicking abilities to show those Chicago boys what we are made of down here...  As a D player I'll now have to step my game up to at least a high-C to help make up for your absence. :D :D Feel better! 
When in Fort Myers, visit THE PINBALL ASYLUM!

Offline Baiter

• Kingpin
« Reply #7 on: November 21, 2013, 01:19:31 PM »
Sorry to hear it especially since you missed out last year as well.  Yours is not the only case of the flu I've heard from Denver in the past week.

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

Offline John I

• Administrator
  • Kingpin
« Reply #8 on: November 22, 2013, 02:03:23 AM »
Damn!  We'll all miss you buddy.

Sent with Tapatalk

Wanted to buy: 
Gottlieb Dodge City

anything