Author Topic: Monday Night Pinball - Jan/Feb 2014 results and discussion  (Read 2727 times)

Offline mECHsLAVE

• Administrator
  • Kingpin
Monday Night Pinball - Jan/Feb 2014 results and discussion
« on: January 14, 2014, 08:46:15 AM »
Ok, we had an informal gathering at my place on 1/6 and talked about having regular Monday get-togethers with loose, fun competition.    The idea is that MNP will hopefully help stave off the depression of the end of MNF til August!    So we did another trial run of MNP last night and I think we all would like to keep it going.   We discussed having one 'serious' Monday out of the month, where there's maybe a (small) cash pool to play for, if everyone's down for that.   

1/13/14 - Host: Danny

Whirlwind            Fish Tales       No Fear         Volley
Eric C -            2                          3                 0                  0                      5
Jason C -         3                           0                 2                  3                      8*
Blake -             0                          1                 1                  1                      3
Danny -            1                          2                 3                  2                      8*

Tiebreaker - one game playoff on Volley

*Jason - 32,210
 Danny - 20,100 (TILT ended game on Ball 4)

So we did a Pinburgh/Finals bank with 3/2/1/0 scoring to keep everything close, and yes more likely to have tie-breakers, which are always fun.

Next Monday we will either have it at my place, or Joe's.   We aren't going to have a set format, but will modify depending on how many people show up and which works best. 
-Jason

Saint Augustine, FL

Offline John I

• Administrator
  • Kingpin
Re: Monday Night Pinball - St Augustine
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2014, 10:28:27 AM »
Cool.  I didn't know you got a Volley.  I just got one but it is not working yet.  How do you like it?

I'll have to try to come up for a MNP sometime.  I had a Sunday Night Pinball this past weekend with Spencer, Tom and Claire.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk
Wanted to buy: 
Gottlieb Dodge City

Offline mECHsLAVE

• Administrator
  • Kingpin
« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2014, 03:33:17 PM »
Cool.  I didn't know you got a Volley.  I just got one but it is not working yet.  How do you like it?

I'll have to try to come up for a MNP sometime.  I had a Sunday Night Pinball this past weekend with Spencer, Tom and Claire.

It's Danny's Volley.   It was having a problem with reel resets and wouldn't start a game, but I fixed it last night by advancing the reels.  Still has a couple drops that are flakey, but overall working well now, considering it wouldn't start a game before last night.   

I like Volley a lot.  It's always in Pinburgh every year, and it was in PAPA Classics in 2012.   Lots of drops and nice pleasant bounces.    Danny has the angles figured out and I was copying him: knocking out drops in parallelogram rebounds, not shooting the yellow bank head-on which goes SDTM.    Very fun machine! 

Of course, it's a No Bonus game.   The only thing to stop you from turning the game on its ear for a save is the TILT, because it *ends the game*.    Danny had the Blue drops lit for 5,000 pts a piece when he TILTed last night, with 3 drops up.   One good shot to the Blue drops and I'm toast, but the TILT came first luckily. 

Teaser: couple titles which will join the MNP group of machines soon....  Johnny Mnemonic and TX-Sector.   

-Jason

Saint Augustine, FL

Offline mECHsLAVE

• Administrator
  • Kingpin
« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2014, 08:28:33 AM »
Monday Night Pinball was postponed until Thursday night this week.  I hosted and had the homefield advantage.

1/23/14 - Host: Jason

Monster Bash          Dancing Lady         Metallica       Wizard of Oz
Eric C -               0                           0                        3                    2                     5     (3rd)
Jason C -             3                           3                       1                     1                     8*  (1st)
Joe G -                1                           2                        2                    0                     5
Danny C -            2                           1                        0                    3                     6     (2nd)

(Eric won a one game playoff on DL to break the tie for 3rd)

Monday Night Pinball will move to Joe's house for the next session.   Joe has been picking up some EM's recently, and also a gorgeous IJ I'm looking forward to playing.   Should be a good bank of competition games next week. 
-Jason

Saint Augustine, FL

Offline the architect

• Flipper Cowboy
« Reply #4 on: February 03, 2014, 08:41:50 AM »
tonight my house starts 6:30-7  address is 1944 e lymington way st aug 32084

all are welcome, just give me a ring if your coming and i dont already know it. that way i can get a head count. 904-687-3976 joe
wants:    BSD, MB, STLE, 2001, JJack

current pins

AC/DC premium
WOF
Skateball
Twd premium
IM vault
Central Park
pinball (stern EM)
Jungle princess (EM)
gotg
Whirlwind
Medusa
Volley
Super orbit
Alien star

http://s468.photobucket.com/user/crewcontractors/library/?sort=3&postlogin=true&src=wap&page=1

Offline the architect

• Flipper Cowboy
« Reply #5 on: February 04, 2014, 08:42:56 AM »
another monday night in the books without some key players, but a lot of new faces. this week we were at my house (joe G) in st augustine. games that were available were central park, gottlieb soccer, indiana jones, metallica LE, gottlieb genie, and fish tales.

luckily doug had a spare gottlieb flipper coil and some know how, so he fixed genie so it was up n running for the gathering. it took about 20 min, and what looked to be about 45 people hovering over the cab, but was fixed easily. ty doug.

played for about 2 hrs then started a mach tourney for stone cold pride. it went as follows.

CP           soccer          FT                                                                                    final game              MET

doug              1               1               2     -     4                                                       joe            won

steve              2              2               1     -      5                                                    mike           loss

joe                 3               3               3     -      9

mike              2               3               1       -     6                        - playoff on genie -

jamie             0               2                0      -      2
                                                                                   playoff btw   mike and nunzio, mike won
robert            1               0                3      -      4

nunzio           3                1               2      -      6

i best mike in the finals game with mike, but thats bc he said he was saving everything for this weekend. i dont blame him. fun times, good people, and pinball. ty

current pins

AC/DC premium
WOF
Skateball
Twd premium
IM vault
Central Park
pinball (stern EM)
Jungle princess (EM)
gotg
Whirlwind
Medusa
Volley
Super orbit
Alien star

http://s468.photobucket.com/user/crewcontractors/library/?sort=3&postlogin=true&src=wap&page=1

Offline John I

• Administrator
  • Kingpin
« Reply #6 on: February 04, 2014, 10:45:50 AM »
Sounds like a great time.  One of these weeks I will make it up!  Currently in Los Angeles so it would have been a long drive...

Wanted to buy: 
Gottlieb Dodge City

Offline mECHsLAVE

• Administrator
  • Kingpin
« Reply #7 on: February 05, 2014, 06:31:23 PM »
Sadly I wasn't able to make this week because of a late appointment and reports.   :(   

Can we skip Joe ahead in the rotation and have it there again soon??  :)  That Central Perk was awesome!    Me and Danny will carpool over and see if we can't break this home field advantage!  (So far home court has held except at Danny's, where he would've beaten me if Tilt hadn't ended his game on Ball 4) 

By the way, if time permits the next time we get 8 people, let's try to do a full Finals round.    So instead of one player advancing from each group, make a new 4 player group (which would've been Joe, Steve, Mike and Nunzio).   

Sounds like fun, bummed I missed it but when Doug and Steve dropped off the pins after MNP I was still not finished with reports which needed to be emailed the next morning.   Just a bad day!

-Jason

Saint Augustine, FL

Offline the architect

• Flipper Cowboy
« Reply #8 on: February 09, 2014, 10:51:03 PM »
Where we headed this week?

current pins

AC/DC premium
WOF
Skateball
Twd premium
IM vault
Central Park
pinball (stern EM)
Jungle princess (EM)
gotg
Whirlwind
Medusa
Volley
Super orbit
Alien star

Offline mECHsLAVE

• Administrator
  • Kingpin
« Reply #9 on: February 10, 2014, 09:04:35 AM »
I don't think we setup a host for this week.   :-\   I think the idea is when there's a weekend pinball event, we don't need to hold MNP.   I'd still like to play tonight if a host steps up.   

I'd really like to reschedule MNP at Joe's!  Since Eric, Danny and I didn't get to attend last week!   Maybe set for the 17th!?
-Jason

Saint Augustine, FL

Offline the architect

• Flipper Cowboy
« Reply #10 on: February 12, 2014, 11:30:55 PM »
We could do Monday at my place again. That would be sweet

current pins

AC/DC premium
WOF
Skateball
Twd premium
IM vault
Central Park
pinball (stern EM)
Jungle princess (EM)
gotg
Whirlwind
Medusa
Volley
Super orbit
Alien star

Offline mECHsLAVE

• Administrator
  • Kingpin
« Reply #11 on: February 13, 2014, 08:27:51 AM »
Sounds like a plan!   
-Jason

Saint Augustine, FL

Offline the architect

• Flipper Cowboy
« Reply #12 on: February 14, 2014, 01:38:11 PM »
Well ok then.

current pins

AC/DC premium
WOF
Skateball
Twd premium
IM vault
Central Park
pinball (stern EM)
Jungle princess (EM)
gotg
Whirlwind
Medusa
Volley
Super orbit
Alien star

Offline mECHsLAVE

• Administrator
  • Kingpin
« Reply #13 on: February 18, 2014, 08:32:11 AM »
2/17/14    Host: Joe

Drew cards A-6 to determine groups, Odds and Evens, with low card as high seed.     A-Joe G    3-Jason C    5-Eric C      2-Lauren E   4-Danny C    6-Mike T    One round of four 3-player games, Two players advance from each to a one Final four player game, with the high points winner as top seed with game/position choice for Final game.

Soccer             IJ            Genie      Central Park
Joe                  3                   2               3                1                    9*

Jason               2                  3                1                2                    8*

Eric                 1                   1                2                3                    7

Genie       Central Park       Soccer        IJ
Lauren              3                3                     1             2                  9*

Danny               2                 2                    3            3                 10*

Mike                  1                  1                  2             1                  5

Danny wins seed and chooses Genie.

Genie
Joe       490k
Jason    360k
Danny   210k
Lauren   120k

Playoff on Soccer for 5th won by Mike T.

1st-  Joe G
2nd- Jason C
3rd-  Danny C
4th-  Lauren E
5th-  Mike T
6th-  Eric C

Home court advantage held, but barely!!  Danny made game choice that he thought we could unplant Joe on, and we came close but no cigar!   Congrats to Joe on a nice win!

We are loosely planning on Mar 3rd as the next MNP, hosted by Danny.

All are welcome, just touch base with me or a host to let them know you're coming!
-Jason

Saint Augustine, FL

Offline mECHsLAVE

• Administrator
  • Kingpin
« Reply #14 on: February 24, 2014, 11:54:59 AM »
Monday Night Pinball in St Augustine is scheduled for Monday, Mar 3rd, 7 PM.    Host: Danny

Machines: Dixieland, No Fear, Volley, Fish Tales, and Whirlwind (or Funhouse, if it's finished in time).

All are welcome!  Message me, or redfish34 or architect for directions and to let us know you are coming! 
-Jason

Saint Augustine, FL

anything