Author Topic: Countdown to APE!  (Read 1012 times)

Online John I

• Administrator
  • Kingpin
Countdown to APE!
« on: February 16, 2014, 10:44:54 PM »
There are so many events in Florida now, even a huge event like APE can sneak up on you.  Hard to believe the show is only a few days away!  This is the oldest show in Florida and my favorite show of the year.   I've been readying some games to bring.  I'll be bringing WPT and 2001 along with another game which I will leave unnamed as it may be a tournament machine.

This year I am staying in the Universal Palms that is just a block away.  I have always stayed in Hilton properties for this show and had to drive miles to get there and back each day.  This year I decided to shell out money instead and save my Hilton points for later.  It will be nice to be that close.

Looking forward to seeing everyone.  I am deciding on how much time and money to invest  in the tournament.  I kind of have an itch to try to qualify, so we will see.  It seems like I have heard of more than a couple of good players who don't plan on playing, so the field may not be as deep as last year.

I also want to point out just how much work goes into a show like this - especially by Marcel.  Marcel needs about 6 clones of himself for this weekend.  If you can help in any way it is appreciated.  Even if you show up early and/or stay late and help people load machines and setup/breakdown machines.

Wanted to buy: 
Gottlieb Dodge City

Offline klassic

• Kingpin
Re: Countdown to APE!
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2014, 07:44:47 PM »
a great show. if i kick this flu, i'm running down late sunday to help people load up. :)