Author Topic: New Member in Ponte Vedra  (Read 1845 times)

Offline DEXTER

• Raven
New Member in Ponte Vedra
« on: August 01, 2014, 09:26:33 AM »
My name is Ryan Dexter and I'm relatively new to Pinball and totally new to the group as I just moved down from Wisconsin last week. I was lucky enough to get back into pinball right when a league was formed in Madison last year and got to know a bunch of great PinHeads from the Midwest. Growing up I had a SS Charlie's Angles pinball machine in my basement.

Life happened...went to college, got married, had kids.

Two years I got reintroduced to my love of video games by picking up a game I played a lot as a kid in the old arcades: NBA JAM. I also picked up a new cocktail table arcade that plays 60 games. Then the pinball bug hit me - pinball can't be beat by any of the new video games..it's too real, too much going on...pinball's beauty is unmatched by the video screen resolutions and pixels. Christina (my wife) told me that I could not have a pinball machine in the house ....way too big and gaudy. I became obsessed - bought books, joined Pinside (DEXTER), played games on route, went on the Internet and found Pinball groups. I wore Christina down with my constant pinball talk and I purchased my first table last winter which looks awesome next to my arcade and keeps with the basketball theme - Bally's NBA Fastbreak.

My other hobby is running. I have run over 70 marathons and ultramarathons (more than 26.2 miles) and have a blog that contains some of my adventures: http://dexterthepunisher.blogspot.com

Our super kids are aptly named after our love of being active: Chase (12 yrs), Cruz (10 yrs), and Dash (8 yrs). Also have two weimareners that I like to run with.

To make a living I'm a structural engineer licensed in all but 3 states. That's pretty much it. Thanks for being such an awesome group of guys/gals. I'm really looking forward to getting to know everyone.

Offline John I

• Administrator
  • Kingpin
Re: New Member in Ponte Vedra
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2014, 10:09:06 AM »
Thanks for the great introduction and welcome to the group.   Florida has become a great place to be a pinhead.   You will find plenty of activity and shows to keep you busy!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Wanted to buy: 
Gottlieb Dodge City

Offline klassic

• Kingpin
« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2014, 06:23:38 PM »
very cool intro...i like the family theme in the picture. :)

Offline mECHsLAVE

• Administrator
  • Kingpin
« Reply #3 on: August 18, 2014, 07:48:51 AM »
Great cross-over costumes!   Glad to have you here!  Congrats on the pinball machine, and good thing your wife doesn't know that one is just the beginning... haha.  Make sure and come down to St Augustine Beach for our gameroom open house weekend in about a month!!  -Jason
-Jason

Saint Augustine, FL