Author Topic: Today at Al and Julia's  (Read 987 times)

Offline John I

• Administrator
  • Kingpin
Today at Al and Julia's
« on: April 11, 2015, 11:45:38 PM »
Went to my first POPS in a while today and it was a lot of fun.  Al and Julia have a great venue and are excellent hosts!  I arrived just as the 2014/2015 POPS Tournament of Champions was completed.  Dan Coyle took the crown.

It was really cool to relax and play in the main tournament.  Normally I am fixing games or helping run things in general.  I've actually been playing more pinball than normal lately and my game is pretty crisp right now.  In the end I finished 4th.   Here are the top four:

Al N.  (First home court winner in three years of POPS)
Buck S.
Dan Coyle
John I

The tournament had 23 players and spanned three rounds.  Each round consisted of playing three games in groups of four (or three) with 4-2-1-0 points.  Round One knocked the field down to 12.  Round two were groups of three with one advancing.  The Finals was a group of four.  Each round had a bank of five machines to choose from.  On a whole the tournament went smoothly with very little mechanical problems.

Wanted to buy: 
Gottlieb Dodge City

Offline Getyourselfahotdog

• Flipper Cowboy
Re: Today at Al and Julia's
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2015, 06:25:00 PM »
I had a great time at Als POPS event, thanks for opening up your game room for others to enjoy. It was great to see all ages and genders participating and having fun. Well run tourneys that moved along smoothly. Thanks Buck.

Great collection of games , I was surprised to see a well balanced collection of EM's. I hope to run into a Hi Low at Pinburg. I get the rules now and know not to tilt or the game is over. Great tip. John it was good to see that eye of the Tiger you brought to the finals, all that practicing has paid off.

The Rawpower cup is in a place of honor, I had so much fun this year at all the POPs events I was able to attend. Great group of people and I can't wait for the bowling alley game room to open next month. I hope to see you guys at future events. BIB