Author Topic: Flashback! My pictures from APE 2004!  (Read 1556 times)

Offline John I

• Administrator
  • Kingpin
Flashback! My pictures from APE 2004!
« on: December 24, 2014, 12:33:03 AM »
Just realized these are still posted on my webspace.  See anyone you recognize?  This was the very first show in Florida!

http://www.home.earthlink.net/~zeecarr3/ape_2004.htm

Wanted to buy: 
Gottlieb Dodge City

Offline jmsvero

• Quicksilver
Re: Flashback! My pictures from APE 2004!
« Reply #1 on: December 24, 2014, 08:47:29 PM »
What a great walk down memory lane.
Jeff
EM's:
300, 8 Ball, Air Aces, Astro, Batter Up, Big Brave, Bon Voyage, Buccaneer, Captain Kidd, Dragon, Fairway, Flip a Card, Hi Lo Ace, Jack and Jill, King of Diamonds, Lite a Card, Old Chicago, Quick Draw, Rack a Ball, Ramona, Silver, Spooksville, Top Card, Triple Strike, Twenty Grand, Twin Win

Others:
Captain Hook, Caribbean Cruise, Night Moves

Looking For: Gottlieb Egg Head, Williams Turf-Champ, and Canada Dry, Allied Leisure Sea Hunt, Gottlieb World Fair, Anything from the 30's

Offline John I

• Administrator
  • Kingpin
« Reply #2 on: December 24, 2014, 10:16:52 PM »
What a great walk down memory lane.
Jeff

Were you there?    I remember meeting Jeff P, Brian D, Curly, Marcel, Ron D, Steve B, and Charlie L for the first time at that event.
Wanted to buy: 
Gottlieb Dodge City

Offline jmsvero

• Quicksilver
« Reply #3 on: December 24, 2014, 11:15:37 PM »
I was there, I didn't really talk to anyone and didn't stay long. I didn't have any pins at the time, just an interest. Boy did that change quickly after that. I was really looking forward to the following year, but the hurricanes changed that.
Jeff
EM's:
300, 8 Ball, Air Aces, Astro, Batter Up, Big Brave, Bon Voyage, Buccaneer, Captain Kidd, Dragon, Fairway, Flip a Card, Hi Lo Ace, Jack and Jill, King of Diamonds, Lite a Card, Old Chicago, Quick Draw, Rack a Ball, Ramona, Silver, Spooksville, Top Card, Triple Strike, Twenty Grand, Twin Win

Others:
Captain Hook, Caribbean Cruise, Night Moves

Looking For: Gottlieb Egg Head, Williams Turf-Champ, and Canada Dry, Allied Leisure Sea Hunt, Gottlieb World Fair, Anything from the 30's

Offline pinballcorpse

• Kingpin
« Reply #4 on: December 26, 2014, 11:21:34 AM »
Wow!  It is amazing where the time went.

That was a fun show.  I remember having an epic battle on that Funhouse with Brian Dominy.  I think he beat me like 71 MIL to 70.3 MIL.  It was nuts. 

I spot the Fast Draw in there which I eventually ended up with.

Lots of fun events since that time. Florida pinball has gotten very big.  Major props to Marcel for keeping the APE going and improving it each year.  It is a Florida pinball staple.

Thanks for sharing.
Losing with integrity is better than winning with arrogance.

Offline John I

• Administrator
  • Kingpin
« Reply #5 on: December 26, 2014, 12:33:10 PM »
Wow!  It is amazing where the time went.

That was a fun show.  I remember having an epic battle on that Funhouse with Brian Dominy.  I think he beat me like 71 MIL to 70.3 MIL.  It was nuts. 

I spot the Fast Draw in there which I eventually ended up with.

Lots of fun events since that time. Florida pinball has gotten very big.  Major props to Marcel for keeping the APE going and improving it each year.  It is a Florida pinball staple.

Thanks for sharing.

I heard about the show and rented a van to haul all of my three games in!  That was my AFM, IJ and Funhouse.  I remember watching that epic battle on Funhouse from back in the shadows.  Jeff and Brian still had the top two scores on that Funhouse when I sold it a year later.  I never once put my initials in that machine.  And yes, Florida has come a long way since then.  Just look at the upcoming venue that APE is in and the number of collectors and players that have joined the fun since 2004!! 
Wanted to buy: 
Gottlieb Dodge City

anything