Author Topic: Thanks to the Asylum for another match play event  (Read 783 times)

Offline pinballcorpse

• Kingpin
Thanks to the Asylum for another match play event
« on: January 25, 2015, 12:40:14 PM »
Thanks to everyone for another enjoyable event. The place looked great.  Each time the place is improving.

On to the tourney:

Congrats the the final 4

1 Kurt
2 Atticus
3 Ron D
4 Carlos P

You guys played very well with some crazy close scoring. Note: LOS dominated all day long with top qualifying.  Very impressive. Glad to see three FLiPS players in the final 4. 

Semi finalists 5-8 are (not sure of order, listed alphabetical first name)

Jeff
Joe
Joel
Sebastian

Personal side note: This format is quite an endurance fest.  By the time I reached the semis it was almost 11 and I was spent after 12 hours.  I was clearly a bit slap happy, dancing around to the looping background music of Champion pub in the west room.  Sorry for not giving 100% focus.

I still had fun, but man has got to know his limitations.  I know mine.

There were some standout music moments.  TX TX TX was just a riot. Heavy Metal meltdown guitars dominated the room most of the day.  Interesting contrast to the saloon music. Kurt and Sebastian were killing that HMM game.  I never got to play it, but I lived vicariously through them.

I had to pick the "Chili Dog" bank.  I play better on that game as I mock it. 

I want to give major props to Teresa Beam for making the finals ahead of Jim and Josh. I enjoyed playing with you in a finals match.  BTW, nice family pinball shirts.

What I liked most and think is the hallmark of this format is I had a chance to meet some new people and play with folks I see at tourneys, but I don't get to play with in matches often. Bobbi: again, nice game on Congo.

There are lot of nice players around.  Some of the new faces demonstrated some good skills.

Looking forward to next year's match event.

Thanks again to the Asylum.
Losing with integrity is better than winning with arrogance.

Offline John I

• Administrator
  • Kingpin
Re: Thanks to the Asylum for another match play event
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2015, 01:06:06 PM »
Chili Dog!   Sounds like a great time.   Congrats to the winners and thanks for posting the details.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Wanted to buy: 
Gottlieb Dodge City