Author Topic: APE 2015: Loading in your machines  (Read 1076 times)

Offline Marcel

• Raven
APE 2015: Loading in your machines
« on: February 18, 2015, 05:28:17 AM »
Here is details on loading in machines into the NSU Arena.

Loading Times:
Thursday 02/19: 6pm* to midnight
Friday 02/20: 8am to 3pm

*depending on completion of temporary floor carpeting.

NSU Arena
3301 College Avenue
Fort Lauderdale, FL. 33314

The NSU Arena at the Don Taft University Center is not the easiest to find. Some GPS units will guide you incorrectly (beware).

Here are true and tried directions:
  • Take 595, get off at Davie Rd. Turn at the light to head South on Davie Road.
  • 1st Light make a right (Nova Drive).
  • Head west on Nova Drive.
  • 1st Light make a left (College Avenue).
  • Head South on College Avenue.
  • Pass Abe Fischler Blvd (NSU lighted sign #1 is here).
  • Pass 1 entrance on right.
  • Turn right at 2nd entrance (NSU lighted sign #2 is here).
  • Pass 1st Stop Sign.
  • Turn right at 2nd Stop Sign. This street does a light curve to the left.
  • You will drive thru 3 "circle courts". Be very careful and always stop for pedestrians. You should see the very massive Don Taft building at the 2nd circle.
  • Approach the loading area. A large gate to your left should be open (if not, press the call button on the box and inform security that you are there to deliver games).

Enter the loading area. It is a very big walled-up space with 2 roll up doors. The rightmost one should be rolled-up. Load in your machines here.

Yes, a freight elevator. The arcades are all on a second level. After a short elevator ride, you will be in a service corridor neighboring what's called the South Court. Welcome to the NSU Arena. By this time, I will have found you and given you instructions on where to go.

The loading area is quite secure. It is equipped with cameras, high walls, and a security gate.
You can park your trailer or box truck on the opposite walls within the loading area. Use your best judgement not to cause any traffic issues for others. You can leave your vehicle here as well. If you wish to leave and the gate is closed, drive up close to it and it should open. It won't work the other way around, though.

As always, find me inside and you shall be set. There is an official event layout to achieve order, maximize crowd flow, at the same time create the absolute best visual impact for everyone. Please do not just place your machines anywhere. Seek me first.

Please do not drag the machines or any equipment in the NSU Arena. Always use carts / hand-trucks, or simply another hand.

Questions, comments, concerns are all welcome.

Thank you,
Marcel

Offline John I

• Administrator
  • Kingpin
Re: APE 2015: Loading in your machines
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2015, 08:52:11 AM »
Thanks for the detailed instructions!   Will be there around noon Friday.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Wanted to buy: 
Gottlieb Dodge City

Offline Mole

• Kingpin
    • SouthWest Florida Pinball Avenue
Re: APE 2015: Loading in your machines
« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2015, 08:48:53 PM »
Thank you Marcel!

Great photos and effort to make this go as smooth as possible.

See you soon.

Dan
SW Florida Pinball Avenue http://pinballavenue.blogspot.com/
The Pinball Asylum http://www.pinballasylum.com/

anything