Author Topic: 2011 Southern Pinball Festival  (Read 14107 times)

Offline Tamster

• Raven
 ;D

Tell me more about what goes on at the Southern Pinball Festival?  I was thinking about marking off some vacation time.  I could probably fly down there cheap.  Does anyone know if there are shippers at the show? 

Thanks
Tamster

Offline Marcel

• Raven
All the way from Miami, I would like haul 8 pins to the SPF, the max a 6x12 uhaul trailer can handle.
For sure I'm bringing HS2, Sorcerer, and a Xenon.
Question: Are duplicates allowed? I have a a Flash, Firepower, and a Black Knight.
Whatever spaces are left, I'd like to haul other peoples games on the way
(Kawikid, I can help out)
Marcel

Offline Miracleman

• Kingpin
  • TOO HAPPY
Question: Are duplicates allowed? I have a a Flash, Firepower, and a Black Knight.
Marcel

No prob on duplicates, the more the merrier!
Thank You for your update Marcel!
Wish you could have made it to the gatherings this weekend.

Offline Marcel

• Raven
Throw in the Swords of Fury I just got as well, can't believe I forgot about that one.
I'll check into the forum more often, that is why I missed that party.

Marcel

No prob on duplicates, the more the merrier!
Thank You for your update Marcel!
Wish you could have made it to the gatherings this weekend.

Offline John I

• Administrator
  • Kingpin
Hey Marcel!   Glad to see you posting here.  Nice of you to bring a trailer of games to SPF!!  I'll be bringing pins to SPF also.  Don't worry, I'll still supporting APE as usual by bringing as many games as can fit. 

Wanted to buy: 
Gottlieb Dodge City

Offline Jozepp

• Raven
  • SHOWTIME !
Hey Marcel- i think i can add a few pins to your trailer
Pins: TAF, BSD, PIN-BOT, 2001, Freefall, Solar City, Spot-A-Card, 1962 World Series Pitch & Bat

FS/FT  -  Space Oydessy, Mars Trek,  Bally Playboy, Gott. Baseball, Cleopatra EM for parts

Offline jmsvero

• Quicksilver
Is there any tie ins with hotels for the show?
A discounted rate somewhere?
Jeff
EM's:
300, 8 Ball, Air Aces, Astro, Batter Up, Big Brave, Bon Voyage, Buccaneer, Captain Kidd, Dragon, Fairway, Flip a Card, Hi Lo Ace, Jack and Jill, King of Diamonds, Lite a Card, Old Chicago, Quick Draw, Rack a Ball, Ramona, Silver, Spooksville, Top Card, Triple Strike, Twenty Grand, Twin Win

Others:
Captain Hook, Caribbean Cruise, Night Moves

Looking For: Gottlieb Egg Head, Williams Turf-Champ, and Canada Dry, Allied Leisure Sea Hunt, Gottlieb World Fair, Anything from the 30's

Offline Miracleman

• Kingpin
  • TOO HAPPY
Not yet, Leon might be checking into that.
Our show location is a stand alone building not part of a hotel, but there are several within 5 minutes of it.
I am of the opinion that with Priceline, Expedia etc. that everybody is gonna find a better price on their own than a show can get through a hotel.
When I went with Curly to Expo in Chicago 2 years ago we stayed AT the same hotel the show was at and shared the room with Jimmy, but if I was on my own I would have chosen the closest dive in the area, since all you do there is SLEEP.
I spent 18 hours a day at the show!
Being a startup show we are looking at it a bit differently, and since Orlando is a vacation location, we encourage attendees to make the most of the trip by hitting the theme parks or the IAAPA show the days before, in addition to the Southern Pinball Festival.

Offline ibis

• Flipper Cowboy
Still thinking about getting special rates.  At the very least we will have a map of the local hotels, contact numbers, etc.  In fact, that reminds me....Spence, email me or mail me the partial list we compiled that day.

Offline HFK

• Raven

Can't wait for it. Just registered and paid for IAAPA today and made my hotel reservations through Sunday so I will get to attend the whole show.  :)

Offline John I

• Administrator
  • Kingpin
I'll have to register to spend a day at IAAPA.  Fortunately I live close enough (less than an hour) to drive back and forth each day.  I might get a hotel one of the nights just for the heck of it.

Looks like I won't be making it to Gamewarp and a lot of other locals are going to PAPA on the Gamewarp weekend, so I am really looking forward to SPF.
Wanted to buy: 
Gottlieb Dodge City

Offline HFK

• Raven

I had already planned a vacation around Gamewarp so no PAPA for me. Can't wait for the festival.  :)

Offline panootz

• Raven
I live in Punta Gorda, Florida i am new to the forum. I don't have any pinball machines no money and no room in my house unfortnatly sorry, i am going to go to the southern pinball show as long as i don't get a kidney. Yes i have Kidney failure and i'm only 42 and no i am not a diabetic so go figure. Well getting back to track the only way i play pinball is by visual pinball or i support a Harpoon Harry's they have a Pirates of the carribean which i play quite often, other then that i don't have pinball machines near me. I always said if i ever win Lotto i would buy a bunch of pinball machines and arcade games, one more thing i didn't get into pinball until the 90's The Addams Family got me into pinball. Ok well talk to you all soon.    David P.

Offline flecom

• Flipper Cowboy
Re: The Southern Pinball Festival Orlando, Florida – November 18-20, 2011
« Reply #43 on: September 07, 2011, 03:41:33 AM »
All the way from Miami, I would like haul 8 pins to the SPF, the max a 6x12 uhaul trailer can handle.
For sure I'm bringing HS2, Sorcerer, and a Xenon.
Whatever spaces are left, I'd like to haul other peoples games on the way
(Kawikid, I can help out)
Marcel

I am also from Miami! let me know if you have spare space as I am trying to figure out how to transport some pins...

I would really like to go, worst case I can take one in my car...

how do they survive being on a trailer?? seems like kind of rough on the machine for 3~ hours each way???

also a q for the SPF people, will there be sales allowed? like can I have a little note that says "this machine for sale contact john doe 555-555-5555"?

also do you guys need extra repair people? I can bring up my parts kit, dmm and soldering irons :)
Pins: Tale of the Arabian Nights, DE:Star Wars, Star Wars Episode 1, Bride of Pinbot, Batman Forever, GoldenEye, South Park, Bram Stoker's Dracula, Super Mario Bros.
Vids: Dig Dug, Silent Scope 2, 60-in-1

Offline Miracleman

• Kingpin
  • TOO HAPPY
Re: The Southern Pinball Festival Orlando, Florida – November 18-20, 2011
« Reply #44 on: September 07, 2011, 11:47:58 AM »
SPF PEOPLE SPEAK!

Yep! We will have cool FS cards for you to place on your machine.

Yep! We welcome you and any other tech heads who may be able to help a game owner fix any probs that pop up (with their permission).

anything