Author Topic: Thanks to the Asylum for Point Monsters 2015  (Read 3792 times)

Offline John I

• Administrator
  • Kingpin
Re: Thanks to the Asylum for Point Monsters 2015
« Reply #15 on: June 10, 2015, 06:10:00 PM »
Points are posted finally.  16.5 to Sabastian.

Wanted to buy: 
Gottlieb Dodge City

Offline pinballcorpse

• Kingpin
« Reply #16 on: June 10, 2015, 06:54:55 PM »
Point summary:

Available points for Point Monsters:  16.50 main + 8.28 classics  = 24.78 points if a player wins both.   

4.77 points for winning the 3-day charity event

Format summary to earn the points:

16.50 points for 19 hours of unlimited qualifying for a flat fee, typical qualifying format on 5 games, 4 game final matches

8.28 points for 13 hours of unlimited qualifying at 3 games for $10, typical qualifying format on 5 games, head to head single game dbl elimination finals

4.77 points for playing a single game up to 25 games over 3 days at $5/game, sum of all scores count.
Losing with integrity is better than winning with arrogance.

Offline John I

• Administrator
  • Kingpin
« Reply #17 on: June 10, 2015, 09:18:28 PM »
Point summary:

4.77 points for playing a single game up to 25 games over 3 days at $5/game, sum of all scores count.

Here is the link to that one:

http://www.ifpapinball.com/view_tournament.php?t=10071#results

I see I got almost 3 points for second in that one.
Wanted to buy: 
Gottlieb Dodge City

Offline pinballcorpse

• Kingpin
« Reply #18 on: June 10, 2015, 09:33:09 PM »
Point summary:

Here is the link to that one:

http://www.ifpapinball.com/view_tournament.php?t=10071#results

I see I got almost 3 points for second in that one.

The results are quite interesting to analyze and supports the case for considering efficiency.

Examining your results:

You played for 2 days to qualify for the main, had a tough set of matches in the finals (again, great KISS game), finished 6th in the main event, earned 3.67 points.

In between everything else you were doing over the weekend, you played (however many games) on Star Trek, finished 2nd and earned 2.95 points. 

I will speculate that the 2.95 points for playing Star Trek was a lot easier to earn than the 2.95 points plus the extra 0.72 points you earned for the main. 

(I played exactly one entry in the charity event. My goal was to use that as a gauge to how the IFPA points would fall out for future similar charity events).

Offline John I

• Administrator
  • Kingpin
« Reply #19 on: June 10, 2015, 10:13:59 PM »
On the charity tournament I am not sure why it got TGP of 32%.   They way I understood it you could get three meaningful games per day or a total of 9 in this case.  I would have thought it would be 9x4=36%.  Oh well.

In my case I played three games per day just because it seemed right to build up points and give some money to the charity.  I would have gone for first but Carl really had some amazing games and I did not want to grind that much on Sunday.  Not to mention the game got moved on Sunday directly under a fluorescent light and you could hardly see the playfield.

So yes, it was a lot easier to get that 3 points in the charity tournament than the Main tournament.  It also cost about the same ($45).
Wanted to buy: 
Gottlieb Dodge City

Offline pinballcorpse

• Kingpin
« Reply #20 on: June 11, 2015, 08:32:15 AM »
On the charity tournament I am not sure why it got TGP of 32%.   They way I understood it you could get three meaningful games per day or a total of 9 in this case.  I would have thought it would be 9x4=36%.  Oh well.

My analysis is that there was unlimited qualifying for more than 20 hours so that is worth 20 percentage points toward the TGP

Then, add 12% TGP applying the rule that only 3 meaningful games counted (3 x 4)% =12 %

So in the end: 20 + 12 = 32% TGP

The difference is there is only one event, not 3 states of play.  The tourney was based on the same machine being played all weekend a max of 25 times.  So it can only count as 3 games, not 9.

Offline John I

• Administrator
  • Kingpin
« Reply #21 on: June 11, 2015, 10:29:50 AM »

My analysis is that there was unlimited qualifying for more than 20 hours so that is worth 20 percentage points toward the TGP

Then, add 12% TGP applying the rule that only 3 meaningful games counted (3 x 4)% =12 %

So in the end: 20 + 12 = 32% TGP

The difference is there is only one event, not 3 states of play.  The tourney was based on the same machine being played all weekend a max of 25 times.  So it can only count as 3 games, not 9.

OK I guess I can see that, but tournaments with limited qualifying don't get the time bonus.  This one was limited to 25 tries. 
Wanted to buy: 
Gottlieb Dodge City

Offline pinballcorpse

• Kingpin
« Reply #22 on: June 11, 2015, 10:49:46 AM »
Best solution would be to email Josh :)

Offline John I

• Administrator
  • Kingpin
« Reply #23 on: June 11, 2015, 12:52:06 PM »
Better left as is...   ;-)

Wanted to buy: 
Gottlieb Dodge City

Offline pinballcorpse

• Kingpin
« Reply #24 on: June 11, 2015, 03:24:46 PM »
Better left as is...   ;-)

Ha!  poke the WPPR hornet's nest too much and the points might drop invoking WPPR 5.2 ;)