Author Topic: OT: Florida Traffic Citation Not Found  (Read 1496 times)

Offline doghouse

• Kingpin
  • Have You Had Your Shot Of Pinball Today?
    • The Pinball Asylum
OT: Florida Traffic Citation Not Found
« on: June 26, 2015, 01:20:51 PM »
Anyone have any insight into this scenario? I was pulled over by a Lee County Sheriff on June 8th, supposedly after running a stop sign.  The stop sign fronted busy Daniels Parkway here in Fort Myers, and suffice to say I definitely stopped because I had no choice due to oncoming traffic. Completely bogus ticket.

Today I was typing up a letter to request a hearing, as I planned to fight it.  I looked at the Lee County website-- "No Citation Found." Called Lee County Clerk and the lady also could not find the citation in the system under the citation number, my name, the date or my driver's license number.  The ticket itself is one of the yellow handwritten ones, and it is a mess.  Every line is written two lines below where it should be as the carbon paper was not aligned with the top.  Much of it is unreadable. Not sure of the validity of it even if it were to be found in the system.  Anyway, the lady clerk suggested I call again next week to check if the citation is in the system. 

If they don't put it in the system before 30 days, am I off the hook?  Anyone have some real knowledge of how this works?  Info I've found online is contradictory.

I do NOT need anymore points!  Help or suggestions very much appreciated!

David
When in Fort Myers, visit THE PINBALL ASYLUM!

Offline John I

• Administrator
  • Kingpin
Re: OT: Florida Traffic Citation Not Found
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2015, 03:30:20 PM »
Seems like it will go away if it doesn't make it into the system.  Then again, I stopped getting tickets twenty years ago, so what do I know...

;)
Wanted to buy: 
Gottlieb Dodge City

Offline Ron Donohue

• Demolition Man
« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2015, 04:39:47 PM »
You might want to reach out to David Paz,  as he is an attorney specializing in fighting traffic citations.  He is not in your area, but knows people in the same business all over the state.  He is also usually willing to help fellow pin collectors with pretty good advice.

Ron

Offline doghouse

• Kingpin
    • The Pinball Asylum
« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2015, 04:41:17 PM »
Then again, I stopped getting tickets twenty years ago, so what do I know...
Well, I've gotten less and less over the years.  Unfortunately, I used to drive a lot faster and I maxed out my lifetime limit on Florida's safe driving classes to avoid points.  I also got a ticket just the week before this one at a drunk driving stop for not wearing a seatbelt. $112-- guilty. Bummer.

Offline doghouse

• Kingpin
    • The Pinball Asylum
« Reply #4 on: June 26, 2015, 04:43:02 PM »
You might want to reach out to David Paz,  as he is an attorney specializing in fighting traffic citations.  He is not in your area, but knows people in the same business all over the state.  He is also usually willing to help fellow pin collectors with pretty good advice.

Ron

Thanks, Ron!  His handle is "tktlwyer," or something like that?

Offline Miracleman

• Kingpin
  • TOO HAPPY
« Reply #5 on: June 27, 2015, 02:18:53 AM »
I'll never answer questions again.

There are a million videos like this showing why to never talk to them, but you blew it with the seatbelt.

That's the real reason they set them up, revenue generation.

https://youtu.be/RjtDoKDIVIw

Offline Ron Donohue

• Demolition Man
« Reply #6 on: June 27, 2015, 03:14:50 PM »

Thanks, Ron!  His handle is "tktlwyer," or something like that?

That is correct