Author Topic: Q and A on league dues, open discussion.  (Read 1073 times)

Offline the architect

• Flipper Cowboy
Q and A on league dues, open discussion.
« on: July 19, 2015, 01:15:09 PM »
Looking to start a thread based on what we would like to do for league dues. This has come up in the past and we've spoken about it a little and as the league grows bigger I think we should implement it at some point.

When shirts are purchased, trophies bought, events thrown, it'll cost money. This isn't something that will be required unless we see fit. Things work now based on the template that were using. I personally wouldn't mind throwing 5-10$ in when we get together. Just to help pay for whatever things cost. I've received monies from role to help w food when we get it and even just to play. So there's no hidden meaning behind what I'm saying.

Just would like to have some extra goodies to pass out and incentives for winning our league events. Maybe even pay for a hotel room at a show, entries, etc. this would be like us sending our representation to shows. While some might say that certain individuals are better or worse and there are certain advantages for one person over the next, the history of SBR wouldn't support that. We've had a different champ almost every time we've met.

Worth discussion I think.
wants:    BSD, MB, STLE, 2001, JJack

current pins

AC/DC premium
WOF
Skateball
Twd premium
IM vault
Central Park
pinball (stern EM)
Jungle princess (EM)
gotg
Whirlwind
Medusa
Volley
Super orbit
Alien star

http://s468.photobucket.com/user/crewcontractors/library/?sort=3&postlogin=true&src=wap&page=1

Offline DEXTER

• Raven
Re: Q and A on league dues, open discussion.
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2015, 08:33:26 AM »
Coming from a different league up North, it was given that you paid the host at least $10 at each month's event. This covered the food/drink or whatever. I think if we are talking trophies and such - $20 a pop - with $10 going to host and the other $10 going into some type of pot that can be used however its completely fair and well worth it.

You guys are opening your homes - this is great entertainment!

Where do I get one of these shirts! When and where is August's event?

Ryan

Offline Miracleman

• Kingpin
  • TOO HAPPY
« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2015, 07:48:44 PM »
fwiw here in Orlando for the weekly (10-week) league at The Pinball Lounge, it's $5 a week, $50 total. Plus you pay regular game cost, I think I spend around $5 a week on that. People leave free games won for the next group to use :)

Shirts are extra, I think $15?

It's been a wild success with 33 members, with more wanting to join after it started, but it's just too full already I think.

I think they might have to do TWO SEPARATE WEEKLY LEAGUES to handle the crowd next round...

Factors for it's success...
1-Kurt and Ed who run TPL are great guys (like you Joe)
2-It's at a public bowling alley, no overcrowding/damage at a house
3-Bowling alley has full food and bar, no worries on getting munchies or a pizza everyone likes.
4-Weekly tourney is on 8 or 9 of the 14+ games at the location, and changes up week to week.

It's pretty unique in it's 'perfect storm' creation, if you can find a willing bar/restaurant up there maybe something similar can be set up.

Good luck! I've enjoyed coming up with John I on occasion and playing with you peeps.

Best
Spencer

Offline the architect

• Flipper Cowboy
« Reply #3 on: July 21, 2015, 08:23:52 AM »
I agree with the sentiment that 5-10$ is fair which kind of settles the hard part of the question, bc I think most agree. Now, looking at what the perks are for the league that's something completely different.
wants:    BSD, MB, STLE, 2001, JJack

current pins

AC/DC premium
WOF
Skateball
Twd premium
IM vault
Central Park
pinball (stern EM)
Jungle princess (EM)
gotg
Whirlwind
Medusa
Volley
Super orbit
Alien star

http://s468.photobucket.com/user/crewcontractors/library/?sort=3&postlogin=true&src=wap&page=1

anything