Author Topic: The APE - Arcade Pinball Expo February 2012  (Read 6600 times)

Offline Miracleman

• Kingpin
  • TOO HAPPY
The APE - Arcade Pinball Expo February 2012
« on: April 19, 2011, 10:52:13 AM »
The APE show is a great gathering of pinball and arcade video collectors at the Dania Jai Alai Sports Entertainment Complex in Dania Beach, FL.
We encourage everyone to support arcade collector shows in Florida, so check out the link below for more details and for the actual dates for the show when announced!

http://www.floridaape.org

Offline John I

• Administrator
  • Kingpin
Re: The APE - Arcade Pinball Expo February 2012
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2011, 06:18:58 PM »
APE is a great show.  At this year's show I played a ton of pinball and branched out into the older games that I used to ignore.  I really enjoyed games like Ron's Paragon and Jeff's Centaur. 

I posted some pictures from the set up period on Thursday of the APE 2011 show.  Sorry my phone doesn't take great picture in low light...  The last picture shows Marcel taking a two second breather to survey his great work.  Click on the "media' tab above and go into the APE gallery or just click below to go there directly:

http://www.southernpinballforum.com/smf/index.php?action=media;sa=album;in=3

John
Wanted to buy: 
Gottlieb Dodge City

Offline pinballcorpse

• Kingpin
« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2011, 11:00:40 PM »
APE is a great show.  At this year's show I played a ton of pinball and branched out into the older games that I used to ignore.  I really enjoyed games like Ron's Paragon and Jeff's Centaur. 

I posted some pictures from the set up period on Thursday of the APE 2011 show.  Sorry my phone doesn't take great picture in low light...  The last picture shows Marcel taking a two second breather to survey his great work.  Click on the "media' tab above and go into the APE gallery or just click below to go there directly:

http://www.southernpinballforum.com/smf/index.php?action=media;sa=album;in=3

John

Glad you liked the Centaur.  Many people told me how much they enjoyed it.  That's what makes the show IMO-people just happy playing pinball.

I was glad to be part of it.
Losing with integrity is better than winning with arrogance.

Offline ibis

• Flipper Cowboy
« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2011, 05:37:09 PM »
I really like Centar now.  I would not mind putting some more time on it, really a challenge.

Offline doghouse

• Kingpin
  • Have You Had Your Shot Of Pinball Today?
    • The Pinball Asylum
« Reply #4 on: April 26, 2011, 10:02:55 PM »
I really like Centar now.  I would not mind putting some more time on it, really a challenge.

Me too!  Playing Jeff's Centaur at APE made me a fan.  So much so that I'm now hoping to find one.  Though not sure I COULD find one that nice.  Beautiful game.
When in Fort Myers, visit THE PINBALL ASYLUM!

Offline jmsvero

• Quicksilver
« Reply #5 on: May 01, 2011, 08:10:07 PM »
Spencer,
Did you win that Airport EM at the show?
Jeff
EM's:
300, 8 Ball, Air Aces, Astro, Batter Up, Big Brave, Bon Voyage, Buccaneer, Captain Kidd, Dragon, Fairway, Flip a Card, Hi Lo Ace, Jack and Jill, King of Diamonds, Lite a Card, Old Chicago, Quick Draw, Rack a Ball, Ramona, Silver, Spooksville, Top Card, Triple Strike, Twenty Grand, Twin Win

Others:
Captain Hook, Caribbean Cruise, Night Moves

Looking For: Gottlieb Egg Head, Williams Turf-Champ, and Canada Dry, Allied Leisure Sea Hunt, Gottlieb World Fair, Anything from the 30's

Offline Miracleman

• Kingpin
  • TOO HAPPY
« Reply #6 on: May 01, 2011, 08:29:13 PM »
ha ha YES!

The funny thing was, after I got the high score, the guy who'd brought the OTHER Airport to the show came up to me.
He had a couple interested in buying HIS Airport, but he liked the game, so offered to buy mine if I won it, would combine the best of both to keep for himself, then sell the other one to the couple.
And that's how it all went down.
Ron D knew the guy, and kept the game a few days til the guy came and got it.
Ron said a fair price was $300, so that's what I sold it for.

win/win

anything