Author Topic: Upcoming January 23, 2016 3rd Annual MATCH-PLAY Tournament  (Read 1367 times)

Offline doghouse

• Kingpin
  • Have You Had Your Shot Of Pinball Today?
    • The Pinball Asylum
Upcoming January 23, 2016 3rd Annual MATCH-PLAY Tournament
« on: December 29, 2015, 11:32:24 AM »
Hello Florida Pinball Fans &  Asylum Inmates!

The time has come to get ready for our 3rd Annual When-The-Inmates-Take-Over-The-Asylum Match-Play Tournament!   

On Saturday January 23, 2016 the grand tourney begins, with doors opening at 10am and the tournament start time set at 11:00am.  Final round will finish at approximately 6:30pm with group finals at approximately 7:00pm.

This is a Pinburgh-style tourney, played across 5 banks of 4 machines. So you'll be testing your skills on a total of 20 different pinball machines.   

Last year's event was TOTALLY SOLD-OUT, and possibly our most popular tournament ever, with nearly every player saying how much fun they had playing and socializing in this very fun and different format.

VIP Early-Registration is $40.00, which gives you a VIP Badge, and one entry into a special VIP Drawing (prize to be announced).  If not sold out, later entries and/or those entries paid at the door will be $50.00. 

Register here:
http://waiver.fr/p-HQCb5   

Once you fill out the waiver form, and click the send button, you'll receive an email within 24-48 hours directing you to PayPal.  Or you can snail-mail a check.  Please PM me for the address on where to send your checks.

As always, participation in any of the tournaments is optional. If you just want to hangout and play pinball that's fine by us. $10.00 admission gets you in the door for the whole day, and all machines are set to free play. All admission fees go to charity. Kids under 12-years old are free.

Hope to see you all register early and participate in this fun tournament!

David, Dan & Matt

www.PinballAsylum.com

The Pinball Asylum is a non-profit, 501(c)(3) private space to play pinball-- open to pinball enthusiasts, collectors and players. We currently host both informal gatherings and officially sanctioned IFPA (International Flipper Pinball Association) tournaments.

The Pinball Asylum's Mission is to contribute to the revival of pinball with a vision to bring S.W. Florida a unique venue where the fun, art and sport of pinball can be enjoyed by everyone. Keeping alive this wholly American pastime, while raising monies for The Children's Hospital and other local charities is our ultimate goal.
When in Fort Myers, visit THE PINBALL ASYLUM!

Offline John I

• Administrator
  • Kingpin
Re: Upcoming January 23, 2016 3rd Annual MATCH-PLAY Tournament
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2015, 01:25:27 AM »
I assume this tournament carries IFPA points?

This one snuck up on me.  I will try to make it!
Wanted to buy: 
Gottlieb Dodge City

Offline pinballcorpse

• Kingpin
« Reply #2 on: December 31, 2015, 04:41:03 PM »
I am curious about the IFPA/WPPR points as well.  It is not listed on the IFPA calendar.
Losing with integrity is better than winning with arrogance.

Offline John I

• Administrator
  • Kingpin
« Reply #3 on: December 31, 2015, 04:56:25 PM »
I talked to Dan and he said there will be points...  He is out west right now dedicating a new machine in a Children's Hospital in Texas among other things.
Wanted to buy: 
Gottlieb Dodge City

Offline pinballcorpse

• Kingpin
« Reply #4 on: December 31, 2015, 08:22:01 PM »
Cool.  Thanks for the update.
Losing with integrity is better than winning with arrogance.

Offline Getyourselfahotdog

• Flipper Cowboy
« Reply #5 on: January 24, 2016, 07:13:16 PM »
Big thanks to the Asylum crew, had a great time! I love this format, head to head play and playing on all eras of games. Great to see everyone and congratulations to Brian for the big win, you always seem to find that extra gear when it counts! See you guys at the end of May for the point monster tournament. Can't wait.

Offline John I

• Administrator
  • Kingpin
« Reply #6 on: January 24, 2016, 07:16:12 PM »
Dan told me the Brian won.  Congrats to Brian!  Who else was in the final 4? 

I would have liked to have been there but I had a prior plan to go out in Orlando on Friday night.  It is just too far a drive not to stay down there over night the night before...
Wanted to buy: 
Gottlieb Dodge City

Offline Getyourselfahotdog

• Flipper Cowboy
« Reply #7 on: January 24, 2016, 09:26:38 PM »
Missed seeing you down at the Asylum John, I had a great time playing Jack in the box and college Queens. They were good to me all night. The 4 in the finals were

Brian D
Eric Stone
Eric L
Dan Coyle

That is the order in how it finished. The two Eric's had a tie breaker for 2 nd and 3 rd and Eric Stone won on Cherry Bell. It ended around midnight and I didn't get home till 2:00 am. I will definitely get a room in May for the point monster tourney.