Author Topic: APE Tournament - Volunteers for scoring needed  (Read 1139 times)

Offline John I

• Administrator
  • Kingpin
APE Tournament - Volunteers for scoring needed
« on: February 12, 2016, 09:32:11 PM »
The Main and Classics Tournaments at APE will be using the latest version of the pinball scorekeeping system from "It Never Drains".   We are thrilled and very thankful to have an opportunity to use this software.  Scores are kept using handheld tablets.  Players can monitor scoring data in realtime on their smartphones.  The software also keeps track of the waiting lines for games using the "queue" system.  Players will be able to move around rather than playing musical chairs and be able to keep track of their place in line using their phones.  Bring your chargers!!

We are looking for some volunteers to help keep score and enter players into the queue.  As a reward for your efforts, scorekeepers will be awarded three entries for an hour of score keeping or seven entries for each two hours of score keeping.  Entries can either be used for Main or Classics play. 

This system is set up to mirror the entry fees for the tournaments.  $10 buys three games in the Main Tournament or three games in the Classics.   We are introducing a new option to the APE tournaments; $20 will buy seven games in the Main Tournament or seven games in the Classics.

If you are interested contact me via PM or volunteer at the show.  I have a schedule that I can fill out.  Please forward this message as you see fit.
Wanted to buy: 
Gottlieb Dodge City

Offline Ron Donohue

• Demolition Man
Re: APE Tournament - Volunteers for scoring needed
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2016, 10:21:47 AM »
John:

I am happy to help keep score and have used the system previously.  Can I commit to fill in when needed, rather than at a specific time, as I do not know how qualifying will go for me?

Offline John I

• Administrator
  • Kingpin
« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2016, 10:11:41 PM »
Thanks Ron.   
Wanted to buy: 
Gottlieb Dodge City

Offline the architect

• Flipper Cowboy
« Reply #3 on: February 19, 2016, 05:55:04 PM »
Lauren and I will help for sure
wants:    BSD, MB, STLE, 2001, JJack

current pins

AC/DC premium
WOF
Skateball
Twd premium
IM vault
Central Park
pinball (stern EM)
Jungle princess (EM)
gotg
Whirlwind
Medusa
Volley
Super orbit
Alien star

http://s468.photobucket.com/user/crewcontractors/library/?sort=3&postlogin=true&src=wap&page=1

Offline John I

• Administrator
  • Kingpin
« Reply #4 on: February 23, 2016, 10:41:15 PM »
Big thanks to everyone who helped with scoring.  I know a lot of people helped but I want to make a special shout out to Ron for this help while on a bum knee.  He went over and above the call of duty. 
Wanted to buy: 
Gottlieb Dodge City