Author Topic: Lock down bar  (Read 755 times)

Offline Tropicalcats

• Raven
Lock down bar
« on: October 16, 2016, 08:31:51 AM »
As "The Fixx" would say " One thing leads to another"
Took my playfield out the other day on the RiverBoat Gambler so that I could clean out of pretty dirty cabinet. Not doing anything special just cleaning it up from years of dust dirt and grime. I'll sand it down , clean up up the speaker, transformer etc. Should have it done this weekend.
So now that that one thing is done it will lead me to another , the lockdown bar and coin door. Saw an  excellent video from Brian Kelly on redoing the coin door. But my questions are about the ribbon cable going to the lockdown bar and how it works. Since I can bet on red green black or pass on white is there anything that I should be cautious of when pulling that bar out to rehab it ? What am I going to find when I pull it out?

Offline John I

• Administrator
  • Kingpin
Re: Lock down bar
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2016, 12:36:09 PM »
Interesting.  I had to go look that game up on IPDB to see what you are talking about.  There are four buttons on the lockbar.

I would follow the usual precautions.  For instance, if the ribbon cable can be installed backwards, I would mark it on both ends with a sharpie to make sure it goes back in the same way.  Also, take pictures at each stage.
Wanted to buy: 
Gottlieb Dodge City

Offline Tropicalcats

• Raven
« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2016, 07:46:30 PM »
It a great game. Thanks for the advice

Offline klassic

• Kingpin
« Reply #3 on: October 18, 2016, 05:12:06 PM »
I don't think you can replace that component or the ribbon. personally, I wouldn't touch it just due to it's age. but if you can remove it, just be very wary.

anything