Author Topic: Small pinball get together for Shuttle launch Friday with Spencer and Ed Cheung  (Read 4051 times)

Offline John I

• Administrator
  • Kingpin
Ed Cheung (Beaver from RGP) is coming over on Friday evening after the Shuttle launch to play some pinball and hang out before he has to fly home on Saturday.   Spencer is coming over earlier in the day to watch the Shuttle launch from my front yard, have some dinner and hang with Ed when he gets here.  I don't have a great party house like the Batcave, but I have a handful of nice pins and pachinkos and there is certainly room for more people.  Anyone who wants to stop by and hang out please email/PM me your phone number.

I will warn that this whole county will be a mess, because of the 2nd to last Shuttle launch.  The launch is at 3:47 PM.  I expect it to take a few hours for Ed to get here from the Space Center after launch because of the traffic.  I also expect the traffic heading towards Orlando to be a parking lot until at least 8 or 9 pm.  If you want to come over for the launch and/or meet Ed and play some pinball, plan on being here for a while!

I'll have some stickers, pictures and/or shuttle chotchkies for anyone who shows up!

John
Cocoa Florida
Wanted to buy: 
Gottlieb Dodge City

Offline Miracleman

• Kingpin
  • TOO HAPPY
Ed works/has worked on the Hubble Space Telescope, and I have tried to hook up with him when he's down here for a while now.
It will be an honor to finally meet him , and my name doesn't deserve to be on the same thread title as him.
Like a lot of us, Ed has taken his talents and applied them to his hobby, please check out his website and be amazed...

http://www.edcheung.com/album/album06/Pinball/pinball.htm

Offline Greywolf

• Kingpin
    • FreePlayServices
I would love to make it, but by the time I got there he'd be gone  ;D

But I did buy Spencer's Space Shuttle with the tail-fin mod  ;D

Offline doghouse

• Kingpin
  • Have You Had Your Shot Of Pinball Today?
    • The Pinball Asylum
Wish I could make it!  Ed is an amazing guy in the hobby.  Be sure and let him know I said hello.  I bought one of his TZ TV mods-- the one with the changing slide show of scenes from the show.  One of the best mods ever for TZ.  When I initially installed it worked, and then shortly quit.  Ed was kind enough to send me another, no questions asked.
When in Fort Myers, visit THE PINBALL ASYLUM!

Offline Mole

• Kingpin
    • SouthWest Florida Pinball Avenue
Darn it! My daughter is collage graduation is this weekend. I really wanted to see your collect & meet Ed as well. You guys have fun. I will have to watch the launch NASA TV.

Dan
SW Florida Pinball Avenue http://pinballavenue.blogspot.com/
The Pinball Asylum http://www.pinballasylum.com/

Offline mECHsLAVE

• Administrator
  • Kingpin
Dang!  I would LOVE to come!   Wish I'd seen this earlier and made plans!  :(   I don't think I'll be able to make it...
-Jason

Saint Augustine, FL

Offline John I

• Administrator
  • Kingpin
I wish there was more notice.  Ed was only in town for a short time and had to work late tonight.   Oh well,  you are welcome to come down and hang any time.  Maybe I'll come up some time and play some WH2O!

John
Wanted to buy: 
Gottlieb Dodge City

Offline Miracleman

• Kingpin
  • TOO HAPPY
The cast of THE HANGOVER 2 party at John I's house...

http://www.southernpinballforum.com/smf/index.php?action=media;sa=album;in=10

Offline John I

• Administrator
  • Kingpin
I had a great time today.  I'm really glad you guys made it over.  It kind of sucks the Shuttle launch was canceled, but it made it easier for you guys to get in and out of here.  It is always cool to talk to Ed about the Hubble Space Telescope and other rocket science.  It was really fun playing 4-man pinball games and sitting around gabbing.  I think Jason had some good ideas for the SPF tournament.  I look forward to getting involved more as the show gets closer.

Hopefully we can start having more gatherings...

Wanted to buy: 
Gottlieb Dodge City

Offline mECHsLAVE

• Administrator
  • Kingpin
LOL What do you call that look Spencer?   It's needs a name, ala Blue Steel.  

Thanks for hosting all us crazies and letting all of us love on your machines, John!   Also of course great hanging with the always entertaining Spencer and meeting the fascinating Ed Cheung.  I didn't stay in a Holiday Inn last night, but I feel like I could launch a capped pvc pipe into orbit with household supplies thanks to John's rocket science lessons today!   And I definitely want to rewatch my Hubble Blu-ray now being privy to some of Ed's explanations!  :)   And (gasp) I actually enjoyed playing a couple rounds of CV!  Great day today!  :)

Thanks again, guys!
-Jason

Saint Augustine, FL

Offline klassic

• Kingpin
Ed Cheung. ah, his website and tips helped me get my space shuttle up and running reliably...the one that went to spencer then to greywolf. it's a fun bang around pinball to say the least. his tips were very helpful and specific to that title, and to the fact i got it 97% back from the dead.

cool that he hung for a local event. :)

Offline doghouse

• Kingpin
  • Have You Had Your Shot Of Pinball Today?
    • The Pinball Asylum
Great pics of the party.  Wish I could have been there.  Ed looks like a super cool guy.  Spence: You putting that autographed Space Shuttle on your game?
When in Fort Myers, visit THE PINBALL ASYLUM!

Offline Miracleman

• Kingpin
  • TOO HAPPY
No, Donny has the SS now.

Offline Greywolf

• Kingpin
    • FreePlayServices
I have the Spencer autographed "fin" mod  ;D

Offline Creature7

• Flipper Cowboy
Am I too late? I just saw this today, damn! I need to be more on top of things. I probably missed it because of my long hours at work last week. I wouldn't have been able to come anyhow due to work. Hopefully you will do it again sometime John. Thanks for the invite!
Pins: Elvira and the Party Monsters

Vids: Rockin' Bowl-a-rama, Space Invaders Deluxe, Pong

Juke Box: AMI Continental 2 (200 stereo)

Pachinko's: The Mask

Dynamo 8 Ft. Pro-style Air Hockey Table w/overhead unit

Large collection of Vintage radios, 8-tracks, record players and T.V.'s