Author Topic: MK9 is OUT! And it's awesome!  (Read 1689 times)

Khabbi

MK9 is OUT! And it's awesome!
« on: April 29, 2011, 08:17:14 AM »
Being the huge fan of the MK Series, I've been anticipating the release of this for about a year and it's finally here... and it was worth the wait!  I bought the "Tournament" edition arcade stick to go with it, so it's almost like playing it on one of my old MK machines.. it's a little expensive ($150), but for a fan boy like me I didn't mind ponying up!  There's not too many games I'd ever do this for, but this one is THE ONE! 

I'll post up some of my own pics and a more detailed review later, but if you are on the fence on this one and you like the MK series, there are NO disappointments on this series (well, unless you consider the Sony online problems, but that's the games fault).  All the fatalities, babalites, and many new features are there- and it feels like the MK2 days with amazing HD graphics. 

Here's a stock photo of the fight stick that comes with the tournament edition, it has memory foam on the bottom so it sits nice and comfortable in your lap, and it utilizes all of the happs controls that you would find on the stand-up arcade machine- and the spacing is exact for those picky people like me (of course)!

Offline Miracleman

• Kingpin
  • TOO HAPPY
Re: MK9 is OUT! And it's awesome!
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2011, 09:19:32 AM »
That looks neat!
Does the memory foam actually keep it in you lap?
Or do you fling it across the room when you go crazy on it?