Author Topic: The Philips Phile on Real Radio 104.1 FM Covers SPF  (Read 2557 times)

Offline Miracleman

• Kingpin
  • TOO HAPPY
The Philips Phile on Real Radio 104.1 FM Covers SPF
« on: December 02, 2011, 03:22:15 AM »
The Southern Pinball Festival is featured on The Philips Phile on Real Radio 104.1 FM on Friday November 18, 2011, on the first day of the three day pinball show. Big thanks to Jim Philips and Jack Bradshaw for their support of the SPF.

SPF on Philips Phile.wmv

Offline ibis

• Flipper Cowboy
Re: The Philips Phile on Real Radio 104.1 FM Covers SPF
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2011, 11:36:49 AM »
That was great!  But don't you know the actual size of a pinball? :D  And BTW, pinball is still outlawed in parts of NY because of the old tie-ins with the mob.

Offline mECHsLAVE

• Administrator
  • Kingpin
« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2011, 02:19:08 PM »
Haha, that was cool.  You did a great job Spencer! 

I totally forgot about this guy.  I used to listen to 104.1 all day back when Howard was on it in the late 90's and I lived in Flagler.   Howard in the am then ---> Ed Tyll ---> Russ and Bo ---> Phillips File   

What ever happened to Ed Tyll?  He was so angry and antagonistic!   
-Jason

Saint Augustine, FL

Offline ibis

• Flipper Cowboy
« Reply #3 on: December 02, 2011, 02:51:18 PM »
Last I heard he went out to California about ten or so years ago.  Not sure he is still in the business or not.

Offline jmsvero

• Quicksilver
« Reply #4 on: December 02, 2011, 03:53:23 PM »
That was great Spence, anytime you get 12 minutes on the radio to promote is a great thing. Usually it is a 15 to 30 second drop.
Great job.
Jeff
EM's:
300, 8 Ball, Air Aces, Astro, Batter Up, Big Brave, Bon Voyage, Buccaneer, Captain Kidd, Dragon, Fairway, Flip a Card, Hi Lo Ace, Jack and Jill, King of Diamonds, Lite a Card, Old Chicago, Quick Draw, Rack a Ball, Ramona, Silver, Spooksville, Top Card, Triple Strike, Twenty Grand, Twin Win

Others:
Captain Hook, Caribbean Cruise, Night Moves

Looking For: Gottlieb Egg Head, Williams Turf-Champ, and Canada Dry, Allied Leisure Sea Hunt, Gottlieb World Fair, Anything from the 30's

Offline Greywolf

• Kingpin
    • FreePlayServices
« Reply #5 on: December 02, 2011, 07:43:46 PM »
That was great!  But don't you know the actual size of a pinball? :D  And BTW, pinball is still outlawed in parts of NY because of the old tie-ins with the mob.

I don't think so. New York became legal with the case that had Roger Sharpe testify. Just a few years ago, Nashville, Tenn. overturned its ban on children under 18 playing, or even standing within 10 feet of, a pinball machine. The only law left is in Ocean City, NJ...and that's a "blue law" that states no playing on Sunday.