Author Topic: For the Arcade Lovers! Name the absolute end all Golden Age Arcade for you.  (Read 3895 times)

Offline klassic

• Kingpin
for me, it's elevator action. if it's got otto, i look to collect it. Long Live Taito.

what about the others? nobody say pacman, dammit. that game is boring as dirt after 4 minutes.

Offline mcjeremy42

• Flipper Cowboy
Pac-Man  ;D
Vids: DK/DK2, Defender, Midway Cocktail w/Arcade SD, Space Invaders Deluxe, Tron, Rampage WT, Megatouch Maxx
Pins: Amazing Spider-Man, Incredible Hulk, Mr & Mrs Pac-Man, Apollo 13, Judge Dredd, Target Alpha, Centigrade 37
Pachinko:  Spider-Man Neo
Home Sys: Super Pong, 2600, 800xl, NES, Snes, N64, GC, Wii, SMS, Genesis, SCD,
                  32X, Saturn, DC, Xbox, PS2, PS3, GBA, DS, PSP, PC

Offline Greywolf

• Kingpin
    • FreePlayServices
The END of the Golden Age? Street Fighter...that killed the classics. They made so much money, that everything else tanked.

My favorite classics? Anything Williams made. And Tutankhamun. And Bagman.

Offline Baiter

• Kingpin
Defender. 

Space theme, laser tracers, full-screen explosions, hyperspace travel, alien-human relations, exploding planets, smart bombs, and massively intimidating to newbies.  What is there to compare?   :)

Offline mECHsLAVE

• Administrator
  • Kingpin
1. Zoo Keeper

2. Tempest

3.  Pac-man

4. Star Wars

5. Tempest

6. Food Fight

7. Tron

8. Track N Field

9. Quantum

10. Food Fight

-Jason

Saint Augustine, FL

Offline Baiter

• Kingpin
Tempest is my #2 as well.

Offline jmsvero

• Quicksilver
In no particular order:
Pac-man, Ms. Pac-man, Donkey Kong, Dig Dug, Frogger, Asteroids, Centipede, Zaxxon, Space Invaders
Jeff
EM's:
300, 8 Ball, Air Aces, Astro, Batter Up, Big Brave, Bon Voyage, Buccaneer, Captain Kidd, Dragon, Fairway, Flip a Card, Hi Lo Ace, Jack and Jill, King of Diamonds, Lite a Card, Old Chicago, Quick Draw, Rack a Ball, Ramona, Silver, Spooksville, Top Card, Triple Strike, Twenty Grand, Twin Win

Others:
Captain Hook, Caribbean Cruise, Night Moves

Looking For: Gottlieb Egg Head, Williams Turf-Champ, and Canada Dry, Allied Leisure Sea Hunt, Gottlieb World Fair, Anything from the 30's

Offline Todd

• Raven
There is no best for me. I just love them all together in one place. Tempest and Gravitar stand out a little more for me. I am getting my Omega Race cockpit soon so that will be my end all be all.... maybe. I have a Gyruss in my van that I will be taking out tomorrow,  will that be the one? This question is just too damn hard to answer.
http://ggdb.com/Collectors/ViewMember.aspx?mid=452 Space Invaders Pin. WTB - Vector games not in my collection especially Zektor and Sundance. WTB - Qix, Crazy Climber, Elevator Action, Gorf, Arabian.

Offline klassic

• Kingpin
some i never could get into...pacman, although i've repaired and owned a 1/2 dozen. linear games, like simpsons and tmnt caused me to lose interest quick.

then, others are awesome:

dig dug. the king. and tron, although they're high maintenance, imo. Love food fight, but rare. can't forget ms pacman, donkey kong, asteroids...also, i'm a fan of Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom. add rolling thunder & mat mania to my short list. greatness.

also, i liked the bootleg game, the glob.  :)

Offline Pinfever

• Flipper Cowboy
Hard to pick one but if i could rig a sit down Sinistar to play It and Pengo,Spyhunter,Choplifter,Elevator action ,CrazyClimber,paperboy,Tapper,Robotron,Zaxxon,MissleCommand,Joust    that would be the shoes    

Offline RUReady2Rock

• Flipper Cowboy
Missile Command

Gorf

Galaga

Sinistar

Tempest

Offline Naf

• Quicksilver
Major HAvok
Discs of Tron
720 Deg
Star Wars
Warrior
Space War
Sega Hang-On (Full Scale Rider)

Offline Todd

• Raven
My earliest memories of the games that hooked me are Joust, Spy Hunter, Battlezone, and Dig Dug.
http://ggdb.com/Collectors/ViewMember.aspx?mid=452 Space Invaders Pin. WTB - Vector games not in my collection especially Zektor and Sundance. WTB - Qix, Crazy Climber, Elevator Action, Gorf, Arabian.

anything