Author Topic: My Big Freakin' May 7th Super Auction Day!  (Read 3728 times)

Offline Miracleman

• Kingpin
  • TOO HAPPY
My Big Freakin' May 7th Super Auction Day!
« on: May 08, 2011, 11:17:09 AM »
Wow.
Yesterday was as much fun as hanging with Ed Cheung, and Jason at John I's house the other week!
I am very lucky to have such a great bunch of friends (goofballs) to hang out with and play pinball.
Yeah the super auction wasn't that great, and aside from the Gottlieb Victory in amazing shape that sold for $375 + 10% fees, it wasn't even worth writing down prices.
But after getting there at 7:50am and setting up the Southern Pinball Festival sign and flyers, it was all about meetin' and greetin'!
Donny rolled up, followed by Curly, so the standup comedy routine started quickly :)
Jeremy, Randy/Compran, Kurt, Marv, Kelley, Art, Chris/klassic and others rolled in over time to share laughs and stories, proving it's not the EVENT, it's the PEOPLE that make the time well spent.
Goofball John I never showed (you bum), but I enforced his idea of hitting the chinese buffet down the road, unfortunately it was between owners and closed! Ale House ended up being the destination closeby, http://www.millersalehouse.com/HIAWASSEE.htm , and although I'm not their biggest fan, the food this time was GREAT!
We all crashed Art's house afterward to help Donny deliver the Bram Stoker's Dracula pin, whose cab had an amazingly good re-paint of the typically faded reds. And I KNOW it was good because I thought it looked better than the red re-paint I had done on the game I had a few years back. Congrats Art!
Again, yes we played pinball, but it was the conversation between us that I enjoyed the most.
After yackin a bit we headed to Kurt's house to do the same there, with me trying not to get my butt kicked on his games too bad. Like Art, Kurt has a good variety of games, and I tried to put time on games I don't see that often like Rollergames, Bride of Pinbot, and Taxi.

So, another fun day with the group, THANKS EVERYONE! Looking forward to the next one, and looking forward to the BIG NAPLES WEEKEND event in June!

Offline Miracleman

• Kingpin
  • TOO HAPPY
Re: My Big Freakin' May 7th Super Auction Day!
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2011, 11:21:27 AM »
Klassic did you get the Lady Luck backglass???

Offline John I

• Administrator
  • Kingpin
« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2011, 11:25:15 AM »
Goofball John I never showed (you bum), but I enforced his idea of hitting the chinese buffet down the road, unfortunately it was between owners and closed!

Nooooooooooooo!
Wanted to buy: 
Gottlieb Dodge City

Offline Greywolf

• Kingpin
    • FreePlayServices
« Reply #3 on: May 08, 2011, 12:16:15 PM »
Goofball John I never showed (you bum), but I enforced his idea of hitting the chinese buffet down the road, unfortunately it was between owners and closed!

Nooooooooooooo!

Thank GOD!  ;D

Offline doghouse

• Kingpin
  • Have You Had Your Shot Of Pinball Today?
    • The Pinball Asylum
« Reply #4 on: May 08, 2011, 01:22:43 PM »

Nooooooooooooo!

Thank GOD!  ;D

I'm guessing John I is bummed because this is one of the better Chinese buffets, where they actually mix pork in with the cat.
When in Fort Myers, visit THE PINBALL ASYLUM!

Offline John I

• Administrator
  • Kingpin
« Reply #5 on: May 08, 2011, 02:48:12 PM »
As Chinese buffets go, I thought it was excellent.  I was going to go there after the gun show next weekend.  Damn.  Now what do I do?

???

John
Wanted to buy: 
Gottlieb Dodge City

Offline Greywolf

• Kingpin
    • FreePlayServices
« Reply #6 on: May 08, 2011, 03:02:50 PM »
As Chinese buffets go, I thought it was excellent.  I was going to go there after the gun show next weekend.  Damn.  Now what do I do?

???

John

Chili's is right down the road  ;D

Offline Miracleman

• Kingpin
  • TOO HAPPY
« Reply #7 on: May 08, 2011, 03:48:15 PM »
As Chinese buffets go, I thought it was excellent
John

It was, John!
I am sad Dave/doghouse did not get to try it.
I don't think he would have made that joke if he had, I even took Curly and Jimmy there a while back and they liked it.
There's a REAL good Jamaican place up the road, I can never get enough of that place either!
We can head there after the gun show if you're up for it.

Offline klassic

• Kingpin
« Reply #8 on: May 08, 2011, 03:57:05 PM »
Klassic did you get the Lady Luck backglass???

nope. pierce got it, $82.50. i was out at 7 dollars. :P

so much for dropping my "dibbs beeotch" claim card right on it. FCM read it, though...wonder what he thought? i think he put it on his welder. :)

Offline ibis

• Flipper Cowboy
« Reply #9 on: May 09, 2011, 03:29:52 PM »
I am very glad I did not go.  I got so much done and it was so busy for me anyway.  But I am sorry not to see everyone!  How was Rob?  Did he get lynched?

Offline Miracleman

• Kingpin
  • TOO HAPPY
« Reply #10 on: May 09, 2011, 03:53:53 PM »
Rob looked good, but a bit thin.
There were only a couple SA employees there, actually.

But like I said in my top post,
"it's not the EVENT, it's the PEOPLE that make the time well spent."

You were missed by all there, Leon.