Author Topic: SPF to Represent at Orlando Mini Maker Faire May 26  (Read 2589 times)

Offline Miracleman

• Kingpin
  • TOO HAPPY
SPF to Represent at Orlando Mini Maker Faire May 26
« on: April 20, 2012, 11:52:07 AM »
http://www.orlandominimakerfaire.com/2012/04/featured-maker-southern-pinball-festival/

Hopefully some of you can make it Saturday May 26 to this cool inventors fair at the fairgrounds in Orlando.
It's the same one super auctions used to be at.
They contacted us for a unique pinball machine so we said "YAIS!"

Who knew the secret ingredient for visual pinball was a putter...

Offline Greywolf

• Kingpin
    • FreePlayServices
Re: SPF to Represent at Orlando Mini Maker Faire May 26
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2012, 06:11:28 PM »
Well played, my friend.

Offline John I

• Administrator
  • Kingpin
« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2012, 11:28:46 PM »
Interesting.  I might have to swing by and see the show.  Good job Spencer!

Wanted to buy: 
Gottlieb Dodge City

Offline Miracleman

• Kingpin
  • TOO HAPPY
« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2012, 11:40:58 PM »
Liz Langley loves SPF and again gives us a mention on the major public radio station in Orlando.
All must bow to her at 2012 SPF!

http://www.wmfe.org/site/News2?page=NewsArticle&id=12813&news_iv_ctrl=2123

Offline Miracleman

• Kingpin
  • TOO HAPPY
« Reply #4 on: May 28, 2012, 08:00:17 PM »
Still recovering from the Orlando Mini-Maker Faire!
Definitely worth going to and spreading the word about SPF.
MANY people said the reason they came to the show was to 'see the lcd pinball game'!
From the show opening at 10am to 4pm was NON-STOP people playing the game and asking about it.
I pimped up the show and handed out tons of flyer cards, none of which I found in the trash later :)
Several people also said they'd been to our 2011 SPF and were happy to know it'd be back again.
Learned a couple things...

-Our booth was in the 'dark zone' so the lcd would show better, but I think I'll ask for the main room next year as it wasn't crazy bright.

-Maybe I'll get the digital plunger, as some kids thought the harder you hit the launch button the faster the ball would launch!

-the thing that amazed everyone the most was the fact that the VP had the mercury tilt switches and you could nudge/tilt the ball, as I proved many times because whoever designed the Jurassic Park table left a spot for the ball to get stuck, and I had to smack the side of the cab to dislodge it!

-being next to the ac intake for an auditorium kept the vp cool but froze my naked head, I had to wear a knit hat by the end of the day.

-definitely a 2 person job doing something like this, my throat was kaput after 8 hours.

2 bags of gum and 2 bags of tootsie rolls don't last half a day as freebies.

Offline John I

• Administrator
  • Kingpin
« Reply #5 on: May 28, 2012, 09:40:23 PM »
Awesome job Spencer!  When I was there while you were setting up on Friday, a few guys came by while I was playing the VP and they could not believe how cool it was.  There was definitely a lot of people at a show like that who would be intrigued by a pinball show!  I think it was a great way to get the SPF name out there.  The fact that you took the time to do this and even took off from work on Friday shows the type of dedication that you (and Leon and Donny) have to the show.  That is what made SPF a success last year and will make it even bigger this year.

Hearing you talk about how worn out you where makes me feel bad that I didn't show up on Saturday.  When my friend couldn't make it, I went and took a nap - LOL.  I should have come over and helped man the booth for a while.  I'd like to have seen the show when it was fully set up.

Oh well.  Next year I will hang with you for at least the last few hours and help you pack up the vehicle.

John
Wanted to buy: 
Gottlieb Dodge City

Offline Greywolf

• Kingpin
    • FreePlayServices
« Reply #6 on: May 28, 2012, 09:59:15 PM »
Sorry I couldn't be there to help...I was stuck with my parents in town from Ohio. Sounds like a huge success though. Maybe we need to have two side-by-side next year...like a real pin and the VP with the same table.

Offline ibis

• Flipper Cowboy
« Reply #7 on: May 29, 2012, 08:11:25 PM »
Same here, I appreciate Spence picking up the slack on this one.  I have been on the road continuously for the past three weeks and will be back on the road the next two as well, and the thought of having to leave the house or wear anything other than some elastic waist band shorts this weekend would make me a sad panda.  Plus the family really enjoyed reacquainting themselves with me as well!!  Good to hear about the shows success!!!