Author Topic: NBA? Anyone?  (Read 1292 times)

Offline John I

• Administrator
  • Kingpin
NBA? Anyone?
« on: May 09, 2012, 09:16:38 PM »
I must be the only NBA fan here?  I went to about ten Magic games this year including one playoff game.  Over the years I average about eight games a year.  In the last couple of years I have really enjoyed the new Amway Center in Orlando.  It is basically the most high tech arena on Earth!  My favorite way to see the game is to get nose bleed seats for $15 each to get into the building and make reservations to eat at Jernigans Restaurant.  Basically you eat a really good buffet sitting at an awesome vantage point in the front row of the upper deck.  The seat upgrade alone is worth the $50 cost of the buffet.  You can also sit at a table with great view of the game for $40.   It makes you feel like a King sitting in a great seat with a waiter bring you drinks and eating prime rib and shrimp til you puke.   The restaurant is on the Club level which is nice and uncrowded.  Even the bathrooms are a lot nicer than the open admission areas.  I would take a dump there if I had too. 

So now that the Magic have been eliminated, I am rooting for anyone but Boston or San Antonio to win it all.  I would love to see Miami vs OKC in the Finals.  That would be a great series.  My prediction is not very original:  Miami wins it all.

Attached a picture of Elaine eating/drinking at Jernigans.  What a view!

John.
Wanted to buy: 
Gottlieb Dodge City

Offline Baiter

• Kingpin
Re: NBA? Anyone?
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2012, 08:17:56 PM »
I became a very casual fan after I left Denver... lack of a pro team around here has some impact. 

It would be most exciting to see the Nuggets eliminate the Lakers tonight!  The Lakers are like the Yankees or Cowboys... a perennial playoff team from a big-market that's fun to root against, no matter who is playing them.